XXII - The Christmas Proposal.

••| Chapter 22 |••

Sara:

I woke up early in the morning. Today we were supposed to decorate the house for Christmas. We had invited Mrs. Taylor, her daughter and her husband along with my new love, Emily. I was lying beside him, thinking about my life. I didn't know he was awake. I was staring at the ceiling and thinking about our first encounter. He brought me home. He tolerated me despite my cold behaviour. He healed my wounds. He cared for me. He helped me win my lost battles. He helped me to fight my inner demons. He helped me throughout this whole journey. What was I? A broken homeless girl, sitting on a foot path in heavy rain and waiting for death. It had been a year today since I was here. Tonight was the Christmas night and I was really excited. I had never really enjoyed Christmas before.

"Won't you give your boyfriend a good morning kiss?" Ryan spoke suddenly in his husky voice, trying to imitate Emily from last night. I chuckled.

"Not unless my boyfriend really wants it." I spoke. He picked me up and kissed me while wrapping his arms around my back. I played with his silky smooth locks.

"Did I tell you today that you're the best ever thing happened to me?" Ryan asked.

"No but you just did." I smiled at him.

"Where do you learn this cheesy stuff from?" I asked him.

"When I see you, the words automatically come out." He answered rubbing the back of his neck.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

We were cleaning the apartment when Ryan found his long forgotten guitar. "Hey you love guitar. Right?" He asked.

"How do you know?" I asked him, surprised.

"The last time I took it out, the way your eyes sparkled so I guessed it." He answered.

He noticed such a small thing about me. How much I loved his cute gestures. I was falling and falling and falling hard for this angel of a person.

"Yeah. Kind of. It looks cool and you know just like that!" I answered.

"Do you know how to play it?" He asked. I shook my head.

"I broke my nails when I tried once." I spoke sticking out my bottom lip.

"Come, let's teach you how to play a guitar" He said and pulled me down on the bed with him. He let me hold the guitar and played it like a pro. He then held my hand and moved it along the strings. His face was touching mine and his breath was audible through such a short distance. He jammed the guitar and played the melody of "I won't let you go". He sang in between and kissed my cheek. His voice was just so beautiful, so melodious and so heart touching that I was lost. He snapped his fingers in front of my face and asked me if I learnt something. I nodded my head. After the guitar lessons, we decorated the entire place. We placed a christmas tree in the main hall and hung the lights and bells and the balls on it. While hanging lights, I asked Ryan for help and instead of hanging them, he picked me up and let me hang them. He placed all the presents below the tree and I placed mine. Ryan was busy in decorations while I was busy with the dinner and dessert after that. I prepared baked Lasagna and vegetable rice. I also decided to bake a Pizza. I prepared the dough and left it for sometime. In the meanwhile, Ryan joined me after finishing the decorations. We prepared the chicken batter. He crushed the mozzarella and cheddar cheese while I prepared the sauces. Then he started slicing the vegetables in julienne cut. While doing so, he cut his finger.

"Oh My God. Ryan! What have you done? Oh my God!" I panicked seeing the blood oozing out from his finger. I dragged him along and opened the tap while ranting about his carelessness. "You should be careful Ryan. Look what you've done. Thank God, it's only a minor cut. You could've hurt yourself. Why don't you do anything carefully?" I took out a bandage and wrapped it around his finger and then taped it. He came near me and I looked down towards the vegetables.