Chapter 1: Restrain and Struggle

"Maybe she's just tryin' to test me. Wanna see how hard I'm gonna work. Wanna see is if I can really tell how much she's worth."

I smile as those words escape his lips. Not necessarily at the message, but at the shear sound of his voice. I think I now understand these so called "feels" the fans always talk about. I chuckle to myself as I think about this. What am I saying? I bite my lip as I speed up the tempo. The atmosphere, changing completely; more lively, animated. I love their fast-paced song, because I get this overwhelming rush of adrenaline. I take a glance at the boys, noticing Louis' holding Niall by his waist. I suddenly feel this weird pain in my chest, making it more stuffy in here, than it already is. Calm down, Josh. What's going on with you? In the midst of a this confusion,  nearly miss a beat, thankfully I caught it in time. Just as Zayn is finishing his solo, Niall chuckles into the microphone, making me smile with delight, the pain in my chest receding. I must not be the only one affected by his cuteness, because the arena erupts with screams, making it difficult to hear. After a couple more minutes the song finally ends, concluding the concert.

"Thank you!! You guys were absolutely incredible, tonight! Please a round of applause to our musicians!" The crowd cheers. I smile and wave, as do the other lads. " Also another round of applause to our new mates, 5 Seconds of Summer!!" Louis yells loudly, the fans cheer at a tremendous volume. I'm glad that they're touring with us, they're talented lads. Throw 1D into the mix and it just calls for pure fun.

Once everything is said and done, we make our way backstage towards the lounge. I guess the plan is to relax, but the boys seem more pumped than ever. I head toward a couch, lunging myself at it. I sit with my face towards the ceiling, eyes closed. I blame this sudden fatigue on all this confusion in my head.

"Knackered?" I hear a familiar thick accent. I involuntarily smile. He chuckles beside me, making me turn to him.

"Yes, quite knackered. Are you?" He shakes his head vigorously.

"Not one bit!" He exclaims with the biggest smile on his face. I can't help but feel my heart flutter ar the sight before me. What is this boy doing to me?

"So do you wanna?" I furrow my eyebrows, not quite catching what he said.

He rolls his eyes playfully, with a smile on his face. He then takes my head in between his hands, our faces inches apart. I look into his bright blue eyes, then at his lips; cast in a smile.

"Listen. To. Me," He  takes pauses, emphasising every word. "Do you, Josh Devine, want to play some football?!" He yells out, releasing my face. I smile widely and nod my head.

"Yes, Niall Horan. I'l play some football with you!" For a split second I had the sudden urge to kiss him then and there, but I stopped myself. Josh what the fuck is wrong with you? Have some self-control, mate! Remember, you have a girlfriend.

I watch as he excitedly goes to retrieve a ball. When he's out of sight, I ruffle my hair, lying back down on the couch. Thank God the rest of the boys are in their own little world, not minding me. I need to think for a bit. This can't be happening. Poor little Niall is just oblivious to what I'm feeling, the control he has over me. He doesn't know my desire for him, completely unaware of what his small gestures do to me. He'll never look at me in that way, he's searching for his princess, not prince ore better yet a pauper. Are these feelings true? Because to be honest, I'm not sure that they are. I'm just confused, that must be it. I'm probably just so exhausted that my brain is going mental.

"Josh, mate. I've got it. C'mon!" He gestures for me to follow him, he makes his way to an empty side of the lot outside.

"We should call the other lads, shouldn't we?" I ask. He shakes his head.