{~2~}

(2 years later)
Today is my eighth birthday. I still did have very many friends so it was just Mommy,Daddy and I. Ibwent up stairs after my birthday and I saw a present on my bed. I opened it and it was a necklace. On my chalkboard it said 'Happy Birthday Natalia ~Love Tate.' I smiled and tried putting the necklace on but I couldn't . I felt hands clip the chain together. I turned around and saw Tate. I hugged him tightly. I haven't seen him since I was 6. "I missed you." I said to him. "I missed you too Nat." He said to me. I took his hand a brought him to my bed. "Please stay with me tonight, I've been having bad dreams that you were gone forever." I say and he nods and lays down with me. He is my best friend, kinda like my brother. I fall asleep in his arms. When I wake up he is still there, good. I snuggle back into Tate for warmth. Hes a tall fella alright. I wish I could get that tall one day. Daddy is tall but Mommy isn't. I turn around away from Tate's chest to get some cold air in my face and I see a girl who looked about Tate's age. "Who are you, and what are you doing in my room." I ask. "I'm Violet and I'm here to make sure Tate doesn't hurt you." "Why would he ever hurt me?" She just shrugs. Tate wakes up and sees Violet and pulls me on his lap. My hair is all knotty oh great. My friend Reese told me if I look hard enough at something it will move but she said it might not work. I try to get the brush but it doesn't work.Tate sets me on the bed and goes to get the brush. He sits back down and pulls me in his lap again. He starts brushing my hair softly. I look to see Violet frowning. "Hey Vi what's wrong?" I ask her. She just shakes her head. I nod and let Tate continue to brush my hair. When he is finished I lean into him and he kisses the top of my head. I hum, turn around, and nuzzle into his chest. He holds me close. I never want this day to end.