The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Seventeen

Aiden had no right to force me to do anything. I had convinced myself that what he was doing was wrong. I was wrong too. These past months I had kept silent when Aiden spoke for me or shut down when I tried to communicate with him. If he expected to have some sort of relationship with me, we needed to establish some basic necesites to a relationship.

"I wasn't hungry."

"Don't bullshit me Alison."

"No Aiden, don't bullshit me." Both of us were surprised by my unusual response. I could tell he was aggravated when his hand gripped the steering wheel. His other hand stayed soft, which I appreciated because my hand was still in his grip.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm tired of having to answer everything you ask and you never tell me anything. I like you Aiden, I want to be able to talk to you. I want you to talk to me."

His eyes shifted from the road to me. They stayed longer than I would have liked. "You like me?"

Yes. I did.

Aiden was infuriating and arrogant but I liked him. I liked the side he rarely showed. The one where you can tell he genuinely cares about me and other people whether he admits it or not. I did not like the Aiden he tried so hard to parade. Liking him was probably one of the stupidest things that I could do and in the end nothing was going to settle well or probably bot even decent, but it didn't matter anymore. Like he said before.

I was his.
And he was mine.

"Yes, Aiden." I expected the car to swerve or run over the white painted line as he turned his head to kiss me. With his lips on mine, I waited for the car to flip like my stomach was, or smash into a tree as hard as my heart was pounding, but the car stayed steady with the road.

Even though Aiden had control over the car he still pulled onto the side of the empty road. I knew he wanted to kiss me again but I wanted to speak first. He respected my action when I held up my hand to his lips as he tried to pull me back in. He was impatient as usual but moved his head back.

"This isn't going to work if you demand things from me all the time without giving me anything in return."

"I understand that Alison." Did he? Or was he just saying it. I often wondered that about anything he said. Did he mean the things he tells me?

I expected him to dive back in to meet my lips again but he stayed a few inches from them. Just looking at me. He stared a lot and it made me uncomfortable but also questionable. Why did he always stare at me? Most of the time his expression was the same- bland as usual but recently and right now, his eyes looked in mine as if he had caught a glimpse of my soul. It freaked me out.

He seemed unsure of whatever he was looking at. Like he was conflicted. Battling internally. "What are you looking at?" The previous look was now gone and replaced with the one he hardly showed. The one I found myself loving the most. His eyes lit up as we both moved forward.

We stayed like that for a few minutes. The car pulled over and him kissing me like he just couldn't get enough. I knew how he felt because I felt the same. Only letting myself pull slightly back for a small intake of air every few minutes.

"I'm going to drive you home." We were left breathless.

Home. The place I did not want to be. At this moment, I wanted to stay right where I was. Which was in Aiden's car and breathless from his kisses. He wanted the same but it was obvious he still thought I needed to rest. While he kissed me fast and rough, his hands stayed in place just under my jaw, gently cupping my neck. Now that it's over I slightly regret my movements. My hands worked their way through his hair, slightly tugging every now and then.

For once, I had been the one wanting Aiden. And he loved every moment of It. The ghost of a smirk on his lips proved my point as he drove. With the opportunity of teasing me for practically trying to jump his bones, completely in his hands; I expected him to seize it but he didn't. He respected me to which I respected back.

The small gravel drive way was empty as Aiden pulled his car in. The street in front of our house was car-less as well. No one was home. And no one would be home for a while. "Will you stay with me for a bit?"

The thought of Aiden being with me alone in my room probably gave him a million ideas of stuff to do but it only gave me one. I wanted to sleep. And I'm sure he wanted to do much more exciting things but no matter his protest, I was going to get my way. "Yeah." His voice wasn't jumping out of his mouth at my proposal, but it wasn't completely dull either.

He tried to mask the look on his face but I saw through the usual facade. Whether he admitted it or not, he was thrilled to be alone with me in my room. "Don't get any wild ideas, Parker." I teased his last name as I slipped past him and into my bedroom which also belonged to Hailey. Thankfully enough, my bed was a full instead of. Twin so we didn't have to go through the hassle of fitting Aiden's body in to it along with mine.

Slightly nervous, I looked from my bed to Aiden. The only time I was in a bed with Aiden was when I had that unwanted fantasy when I fell asleep in the library. This, was going to be nothing like that. I got in first and then Aiden. After moving around to get in a comfortable position, our bodies fit together like a puzzle piece. It felt good.

I was in my house but only had I really felt at home with him.