Chapter 14 >>Still Daddy's Little Girl

I quickly went to the bathroom down the hall way to fix my hair so that it would cover this ugly thing on my face. I took in a deep breath and made my way back to the kitchen. I heard Love scream my dads name so I knew for a fact he was here. I came from around the corner and there he stood. He still looked the same. We met eyes and I froze. Should I hug him? He let out a big smile and I ran to jump into his arms. I missed him sooo much! I can't believe I believed all the lies Karen told me.

"Daddy I missed you!" I said hugging him tight, not wanting to let go

"I missed you more. Gosh, you've grown. I can't call you my little girl anymore. You've grown up to be so beautiful Pumpkin!" he said

"Be real daddy, I'll always be your litle girl" I kissed his cheek and hugged him once again.

I went and sat on the couch in the living room and he came and sat beside me. Love came too since she was there when this whole thing happened lastnight. Basically, her and my daddy is all I have left. India hasn't called or texted me since she apologized. Im not gonna be the first one to do so. She needs to prove to me that she is really sorry.

"So whats up?" Daddy asked
Love and I sighed and began to tell the story "I'm not staying with Karen anymore"

"Why not? What happened?" he asked

"So, last night Love and I came in around 12 or so. As soon as I walked in I heard Karen say 'Kayla doesn't know and I don't plan on telling her right now' So I asked "What did I not know about something?" She got off the phone with whoever she was talking to and the first thing she said was that we were broke. She lied to me a couple weeks ago and said that she got a promotion, but in reality she's been staying with Rodrick during the week and coming in unanounced on the weekends" My daddy knows who Rodrick is because of old shit that happened between them about Karen, but thats not the point right now "After she told me that, I really lost it. I let my anger control my mouth, I said a few things about Rodrick and this happened.." I moved my hair back out my face and tucked it behind my ear so he could see what she did to me. He observed my face and I could tell that he was getting upset. He pulled me into his arms and said "Everything is going to be alright. You can stay here as long as you want. You know that? I'm sorry for not trying harder to win you back. I should have never let your mom walk out with you like that. I'm sorry Kayla. It's my fault she damaged your beautiful face. Don't worry, it will get back the way it was. I promise you, I'm going to handle this-"

"Daddy, please don't do anything stupid"

"I wont. I know what I have to do. "

I left it at that . I've never heard him talk like that before.

"Oh yea. I was meaning to ask you this when I got here, but who's car is that outside?" he asked

Me and Love quickly glanced at each other. I shot her a look. she knew what it meant.

"It's mine. Well actually, a friend of mine. She was drunk last night & I didn't want her driving so I drive her home and brought her car back here"

"O. ok" he said halfway believing her story

End of Chapter 14
It's short I know.

Leave feedback thoo 😊
& make sure you vote !