Chapter Eleven

Harold's P.O.V.

"Harold?" I weak rasp came from behind me. I turned around, a frown still ebbed on my face "Hey-" she started but stopped abruptly when her gaze fell on my hands "Why do you have that?" she asked tumbling out of bed grabbing the note, crumpling tightly in her hand "You can't kill yourself" I said accusingly "Whoever said I wa-" "Don't play innocent with me. Its too obvious to do that right now" I said sternly and then there was silence "Not like anyone would care anyways" she mumbled rubbing her fingers on her old dried up scars subconsciously.

"Shaira, I swear if you don't stop making everything so dramatic-"

"Its not like I purposely want to be like this" she snapped "For Jesus Christ, will you stop pitying yourself because there is absolutely nothing to pity about" I shouted, regretting my words instantly as I saw pain flash through her eyes "I want to be stronger, okay?! But I ca-"

"Yes you can! How do you know if-"

"Because I'm a coward Harold. I'm scared of myself. Everyday I look at the mirror and think how much waste of space I am. Everyday I'm disappointed in myself because once again I failed to impress my parents. Once again I caused the problem. Everyday I look at my window, and am so tempted to just jump down. Its 9 floors down, Harold, and I bet on my life that its enough to kill me. Its just so fucking scary okay?! So don't. Please don't-"

"Don't what?" I said softer, regretting everything I said in the first place "Don't make me feel like I'm worse than bullshit because it already hurts, hurts so bad" she said, her eyes broken, vulnerable. I could feel my heart throb for her. It actually hurt me to see her like this. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders slowly bringing us both to the floor, my arms craddling her close to me as I placed my lips on her ear "M'sorry" I whispered.

For several minutes I just allowed her to sob into my shoulder until her sobs subsided to hiccups "Please let me" she sniffled "Let you what sweetie" I whispered to her "Let me die" she said, her voice watery "I can't let you do that love, I'd be a witness of the crime, I might end up in juvy" I said playfully getting her to giggle slightly "I bet I look like a nut job" she sighed running her hands through her hair "A pretty nut job" I commented, seeing the tips of her ears tint red. Ever so slowly she fell asleep and so did I.

"I want it to go away" she sobbed loudly "Shaira?" I asked groggily to see her eyes tightly shut as tears streamed down "Make it go away" she whimpered curling up to a protective ball "Shh, baby, I'll make it go away" I whispered softly into her ear as my body engulfed hers "I promise to fix you" I said softly as I sobered up from sleep "I'll always be there" I promised "M'be there all the way" I cooed "I promise" I said to reassure myself, rubbing soothing circles on her arm "Please don't leave" she hiccuped into my arm "Hey, who said anything about leaving" I said with a playful tone earning a watery smile in return.

She was more damaged than I thought

(A/N basically this story was dedicated to one of my best friends in honor of her and her crush. But since their "relationship" subsided into nothing, so this story probably has 2 more chapters innit. Thank you for all the reads and votes-xox)