07

I look out at the people that claim to have known my parents sometime in their lifetime. Pity feeling half their eyes, grief feeling one forth, everyone else staring at me with blank emotion.

"Like most daughters, I didn't plan my parents eulogy in advance." I refuse to meet eyes with anyone, I'm kind of just glancing out among the seated people. "I thought they'd live forever, even though I know that's a nieve thing to say, I was hoping if I believed in it enough it'd come true. I know now more than ever that it won't . Once they leave you forever you really start to regret the pity arguments and the childhood tantrums you throw because you realizes that in those minutes they were arguing back or taking time to comfort you because your stupid little childhood mind thought that there was a monster in your closest or under your bed." Now I meet eyes with Eric, only for a second though, then I look back out at nothing. "Just recently, I got in a car accident because I blamed myself for everything that's happened. In reality it is my fault, the guy that murdered my parents only murders family's of teenage parents. I guess to right their sins. I guess, in a way, you could call I, Olivia, a sin" My eyes wander down to the podium before me.