Chapter 11-Flutter

After falling into a relentless slumber, my dreams indicate my feelings. I wake up with a tear stained pillow, as I had dreamed my mother, Lenora, father and I had been in the Games. I was on the ground, bloody, slipping in and out of reality. Mother was falling apart and Father was fighting four different tributes at once. I was sobbing as Mother approached me, saying "I have to do this." With her knife she stabbed me in the chest...and as death came Father and Mother both were killed before me, with Lenora choked to death.

I lift my head and sit bolt upright, waves of fright overwhelming me. At home, when I dreamt of death in the family or any dream where I or them would succumb to mortal injury, I could always hold my mother and father. I could keep them close knowing they were alive, therefore calming me down. But here, in the cold and quiet Capitol room of mine, I have nobody. Upon my isolation...I don't know if anybody is dead or alive...

Maybe if I don't make it in that arena, they're dreams will be of my death.

I scream and shout, and when Quorel enters he calms me. He calms me...I tell him of my dream and he responds back telling me they have records of my family, and the stamp of 'deceased' is not marked. "Your sisters name is still in there," is what he says to soothe me.

"That's what Cashatra would say," I tell him, sharing a laugh. Cold hearted Capitol people are the last thing on my mind though, because I focus on what my family is thinking, leading me to thinking about Lenora's final condolences back in the justice building.

"the last thing you want to do is think you're going to die," he tells me. "Well...if you don't want to die. Today is the last day in training. How many stations have you cleared?"

"Survival, tying,...um..."

Quorel puts his palm to the face in such a manner that tells me his disappointment. "At least you know survival...now do whatever weapons you need." He leans in to whisper as if in secret. "Natiel's weapon will be a hoe so he can farm and murder. I suggest a primary weapon and a secondary weapon. His greatest disadvantage is that he didn't choose a secondary, so to out smart the tributes choose a primary, secondary, and third weapon...trust me it gets you far ahead."

"I'm good with a slingshot," I say. "And a knife which is it. You know, to cut the apples down."

I remember back in district 11, I would always throw knives with accuracy at an apple to cut it down, or if it was bolted to its position I would hack away at it until it's juicy red fruit would fall. "I can throw the knives too, with good accuracy," I admit. "Yet for a third weapon I think I'll use a spear...or a bow...I don't know!"

"You can't learn arrow accuracy in a day," he says. "Tomorrow you do an outro interview after interview training with the legendary Thomas Castor."

"Him..." I remember in past Games he acted as if this whole thing was a comedic thing...calling off the tributes and wishing them luck. The Victors' interviews were always longest such as last years with the boy from district 3. "He's funny." Actually in no sense is he funny. I just say this to brush it off, release my tension with the Capitol.

"Alright, go to sleep, Princess." He plants a kiss on my forehead. "Inza, Marcus, and I will all be planning your outfit tomorrow, so be ready!" He exits and shuts the door, giving me time to process his words before I fall to sleep...

Then I think about Maximus...

_____________\_\_\__________

My second to last day before the Games starts with me throwing up.

I wake up feeling sick, my stomach rumbling, aching. The pain makes me reel over, doubling up, and I gag. At this point I know I'm going to throw up, as earlier I thought I was, but now I finally vomit.