Chapter 12-Interview of the Night

Training goes by quickly. For half the day I practice manners with Cashatra, how to walk in high heels (which is how I almost die) and how to get people to like you (which Cashtra doesn't do well for me due to the fact she tried to show me using herself as an example).

(I don't like her.)

The Interview

The theme song for Thomas Castor's show for the Capitol blasts in my ears, as I wear a bright sky blue puffy dress with jewelry all over it. I wear bracelets and a laurel wreath. I seem small in this outfit, but even smaller compared to some of the other tributes themselves.

"Today you will get a glimpse of your tributes you've been so excited to meet!" Thomas screams as hollers and claps fill the mic. "And up first, the sparkling, (meaning beautiful in Italian) Belle!"

Belle jumps up on stage in a gorgeous white gold dress. She wears a rose gold crown and smiles, her golden locks curled down over her shoulders. They discuss her thoughts, and they move on to the boy from 1. "You seem excitable, doesn't he audience!" bellows Thomas as he holds up his interlocked hand with the boy from Belle's district.

"Here comes the burly Titan, Maximus!"

They discuss his thoughts, and he tells the audience he wants a tributes blood. They yell and scream with happiness and holler "tell us who, tell us who!" In response, Maximus, with his handsome facade, shrugs and laughs. "Guess we'll find out when we are watching tomorrow!" Yells Thomas with excitement. Maximus exits. "Now we have the little smartie Hazel, from District Three!"

The little girl is dressed in a wiry dress, matching her district. She is twelve but seems skilled and intelligent, saying words I don't even know and putting together theories. Yet behind her calm happy voice in her eyes holds fear.

"Next is Aquamarine!"
"Coming up, Sylvia from District Seven, after this!"

For intermission we wait. Natiel's blue suit is luxurious and unfitting for district 11, but he rocks it.

He'll look so much better than me, won't he? Won't he?

This will decide.

Sylvia comes up, dressed up as a tree. Axel then comes after her, looking like a lumberjack with a mighty look about him, except his face which seems expressionless. Ludrissa then comes up viciously with a tacky costume I assume must be fitting for District Eight. After the girl from 10, Grant comes up to say almost nothing, letting Thomas say the most for this interview. But his ending leaves the hungry Capitol people craving more. What a way to excite the audience.

"And now, the glorious Azalea Mist!"

I walk up on the stage, all the lights burning my retinas. I sit down, confused.The Capitol people cheer, and I still continue in confusion.

"How are you?" he asks casually.

I look at the audience. "You know...better than most."

The people cheer.

"Wonderful!" He hollers. "Excellent excellent. So so, what about the Games, huh?"

The way these people talk is disgusting me. I assume I gag, but I try not to. "G-good?"

"Cmon details details!"

"I feel great! I am going to win!"

"How?"

"I will! You see!"

That's when I make an embarrassment of myself on live television.