Chapter 22-Finale Part Two

I scream as his cannon fires and my blood reaction is to bolt at Maximus, but he pins me to the ground. Natiel is badly hurt and I mean badly. Blood trails from his forehead where Maximus sliced through him. His bruises are terrible. He's gasping for air. "No!" I scream.

Maximus' face is confusion as I rally all of my anger up and pin him down. We roll around, angry because of all the deaths the Capitol made me and him do. I can't kill him but I do. I lift the knife, not even caring for the bow and make a giant gash in his chest. He flails around in pain then goes still.

"I'm sorry," are my only words I say as his cannon blasts.

Now here I am, with a beaten and bloody Natiel and me to kill him. He hasn't talked to me this entire time and he's dying. I feel bad, but I can't do anything. I scream and try to shake him awake but I can't. This all is idiotic but I can't let him die in such an inhumane way. I already got his revenge but now...now I can't go home knowing he died. I yell and scream at him to wake up but he doesn't. The finale ends with his cannon and my tears. Then I notice as the hovercraft comes down to lift me up with its ladder, a small tear on his face. The crown never existed and the Gamemakers knew it. They said it did to lead us here. Lead us to the finale. The shining farmers mourning over the person that lasts in victory.

I leave the arena in tears. After getting up the ladder I collapse. I wake up briefly to be escorted into a chamber where they're going to put me to sleep. They do and all of a sudden I'm in the Remake Center with Marcus and my prep team. I notice my arm is replaced with a prosthetic one, which leaves me without pain. They remake me again, and I become a beautiful armless young woman. Speechless he tells me I am beautiful. Again, I wear the blue shining dress.

The President and Thomas Castor greet me and make me watch a recap of the Games. My first kill of the girl from district 10 to Natiel's death. I still can't leave without tears. Castor gives me an interview it outro until the President gives me a crown and a victors sash. "Stunning," he says. He plants a light kiss on my forehead, and then I'm on a train to home.

Away from the Capotol, away from the Games which I will be scarred for life. Natiel's death bashes me in at night. Cashatra and Quorel are so proud once I get on the train but I go to my quarters and shut the door in her face. My face is in the silky smooth feathers TAHT make up my blanket, but all I recall is the texture of the ivy one Pisces used to keep warm. His death was so quick, as well as Hazels. Aris, Natiel, everybody comes to mind. I should've never even been involved with any other tributes because if I do I will just give myself nightmares.

Goodbye Azalea.

Once I am home I am met with a large crowd of my sector and some others from different ones. District Eleven is then beautified. I spot Lenora clapping, so many tears down her face. I see she was working in the orchards, something to drive her after I died but I won. I really won the death Games.

Natiel...

Weeks later I wake up with nightmares every morning about floods, Aris, and Natiel. The orchard life is back but in a different way. The tempo is slow and I can't move the next few days. I fall under a fever but Mother is slow and picky. We get money and a lot. I eventually move out and get a home in Victors Village, where my house is. I live across from Quorel, which my house would be Natiel's if he won.

If he won...

"You have to win."

"I did," I say to myself, a tear rolling down my cheek as I stare at the crown I recieved for winning the Games. "I won for district 12."