Chapter One

AUTHOR’S NOTE:

Westdale Academy

∟ This school is divided into 2 divisions; the Basic Education Division and the Visual and Performing Arts Division. (Marni and her peers are at the Westdale High, the High School Department of Westdale Academy.)

Basic Education Division (BED)

∟ This division provides the students with normal and basic education just like any normal high school.

Visual and Performing Arts Division (VAD/PAD)

∟ This Division is also divided into 2 kinds of groupings. The PAD, focuses on the arts of music, dancing, acting and broadcasting. While the VAD focuses more on the arts of painting, sculpturing, creative writing and literature.

 BTW, In this fic, the One Direction boys aren't famous or whatever. They're normal, but POPULAR students in SCHOOL. That's all. ;D

Okay. Enjoy. :)

____________________________________________________________________________

CHAPTER ONE:

It’s September. That means I have to go to school, again. Ugh.

 I, Marni Matthews, age 16, entered sophomore year and made it out alive. No, seriously, I didn’t think I’d live my sophomore year with all that jerks and bitches that constantly made your life a living hell. (A/N: Marni started Westdale High during her sophomore year.)

Unfortunately, I will see them again today. My luck.

“Marni dear, if you don’t eat, your oatmeal’s going to get cold.” My mom said as she snapped me back to reality. My mind was slowly drifting away towards my memories of my sophomore year. And frankly speaking, it wasn’t good. It was just horrible.

“Mom, do I really have to go to school? I mean, I can just get home school, right?” I grinned shyly towards my 30-year-old breadwinner.

“Marni, how many times do we have to go through this? Like I said – for the hundredth time since summer – we can’t afford any more than what we have right now, you get that?”

I groaned inwardly and slumped myself on my seat. Ever since classes stopped last summer I’ve been bugging my mom to get me home schooled instead. I really don’t want to go to school again – not right after that happened.

“Hey, do me a favor Marni and finish your oatmeal, okay?” Mom added. She was already finished with her breakfast and was hurrying up to get ready for work. I, for one, followed her order and started eating my oatmeal. Great. It’s gotten cold.

It didn’t take mom 15 minutes to drive me to school. My old school.

“I’ll be coming home late later, so you should go home early.”

“Yeah.”

“Okay, bye sweetie.” She gave me a hug and pecked my cheek. I got out of the car and then she drove off.

Gosh. That was embarrassing. Even for a girl like me.

“Oh hey, nerd.” A voice spoke out. I flinched the second I heard it. I’d know that voice anywhere.

I turned around to see Stella and her clique standing in front of me. Ugh. Here we go again.

“What is it, Stella?” I spat.