Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO:

 “I’m so sorry!” I shouted.

“Wow, that’s some hand you got there, chick.” One of the students commented.

Chick? You don’t call a girl chick. Gosh. Have some manners will you? But that’s least of my concerns. What I’m concerned about is the reaction of the student I indirectly assaulted.

Apparently, now that I laid my eyes on the victim; he was tall, skinny and he had a curly brunette hair. I can see his eyebrows crossed down, so I assume he’s mad. Or surprised.

“What’s up with you, slapping away people’s tray?” he snapped. He finally looked at me face to face. I was finally able to see his full face. But what caught me the most was his eyes; they were green. Not many people have green eyes.

“I-I’m sorry.” I continued.

“I don’t think sorry can count as an apology, Missy.”

“Hey, look, she’s apologizing, so suck it, okay?” Andrea stood up from her seat and walked towards the curly boy.

“Don’t tell me what to do, red head.” He spat.

Okay, he may be handsome and all that, but he’s got an awful attitude.

I did what a mentally stable person wouldn’t do at a time like this. I kicked him in the balls.

“Ouch! – “he screamed. Andrea and the others students – who were practically looking as how the situation unfolded – looked at us.

“Whoaaaaa! Harry just got kicked!” his peers shouted with amazement.

“What did you do that for!? – Damn it!” he shouted.

“You don’t treat girls rudely!” I spat.

“I swear if you’re not a girl, I would’ve beaten you by now!”

I flinched and distanced myself from him. I like where my face is, thank you very much.

“Hey, let’s get out of here, Marni.” Andrea whispered.

Without a second or two, Andrea and I were out of the cafeteria still running to who knows where we’ll end up to.

“I can’t believe you just did that!” Andrea laughed loudly.

“Neither did I.”

“But do you even know who you just kicked right in the balls?”

“Why? Is he someone I should be afraid of?” I mocked.

“You can say that. You do know that he’s the grandson of the chairman of Westdale, right?” Andrea said as a-matter-of-factly.

I blinked. “No.”

“I can’t believe you don’t know him. He’s Harry, Harry Miller?” Andrea tried to sink the information into me.

Unfortunately, no realization whatsoever struck me.

“I really don’t know him.”

“Where have you been this last few decades, under a rock?” Andrea raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah, blame the outcast for not caring about socializing with others last year. Sorry.” I rolled my eyes.

 “Unbelievable.”

“Got that right.”

 “Umm, excuse me?” a voice spoke.

Both Andrea and I turned around to see who it was. To our surprise, it was a boy with dark complexion who seemed foreign and was almost 3 feet taller than Andrea (She’s taller than me.)