Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR:

Andrea, Louis and I arrived at the school clinic 30 minutes after Zayn woke up from his sleep. He was surprised to see all three of us looking at him worriedly.

Well, duh. Who wouldn’t be worried after knowing a friend of ours suddenly collapsed in the hallway?

“What are you doing – What am I doing here?” Zayn asked surprised to see where he was.

“You fainted at the hallway.” Louis explained.

“Ugh. My anemia’s getting on to me again.” He shook his head.

“Anemia?” I asked.

“Yeah, lately, I’ve been getting sick.” He confessed.

“Why’d you bring that up just now?” Andrea asked.

“I didn’t think it would come back again. I don’t know. I think this is because I don’t eat at the right time.” Zayn coolly shrugged.

Both Louis and I looked at Andrea. Her expression was all mixed up. Her face shows an angry, sad and a worried look. I don’t know, maybe it’s just me, but I have a hunch that something’s up with Andrea.

“Hey, I’ll be back. I’m just going to call Harry.” Louis dashed off towards the PAD building. It was already past 4 in the afternoon when the school nurse finally let Zayn out of the clinic. All four of us skipped classes to look after Zayn who was unconscious at that time. Since it was just the second day of school, maybe the teachers would let us go easy. I hope.

“We’ll escort you home.” I offered.

“Yeah, maybe I do need an escort. I’m feeling kind of nauseous again.” Zayn walked wobbly and almost got off balanced, when Andrea caught him just in time.

“You seriously need to get home now, ASAP.”

“We’ll wait for Louis to come back and we’ll drive you back to your house, okay?”

He just nodded.

It didn’t take us more than 20 minutes to reach Zayn’s house. Louis volunteered to drive us to Zayn’s house while Harry, on the contrary, didn’t really care much about what’s happening and just sat behind Louis’ SUV with his iPod on. Sheesh. Can’t he be more sensitive about the situation right now? I’d even doubt he’ll ever be sensitive his entire life.

All of us got down the SUV, Louis opened his left passenger car door. Harry looked at us for a moment then stared back on his phone.

“You’re really just going to stay there?” I hissed at him.

He didn’t make any eye contact with me. Heck, he even shut his eyes closed! Spiteful brat!

“Don’t bother. He’s not in the mood today.” Louis reminded me.

I nodded in agreement. “Fine. He’s just some laid-back, arrogant, spoiled brat who doesn’t have any sensitivity in him.” I mumbled.

“Uhh, guys, how about we tuck Zayn to bed first before you all go on ramblings about how useless Harry can be in a situation like this.” Andrea shouted back. She was already escorting Zayn into his house while Louis and I were left behind in front of the car still waiting for Harry to notice our useless, but honest ramblings about how insensitive he is.

“Let’s go help.” Louis grabbed my wrist and dragged me all the way trying to catch up with Andrea and Zayn.

I flushed the moment he touched my wrist.

“I guess he’ll be fine now.” Andrea murmured.

“Of course he’ll be. Did you taste what his mom cooked for him? That was one yummy chicken soup, I gotta say.” I flashed a reassuring smile at Andrea. She smiled weakly. I nudged her in the elbow.