Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT:

It’s been 2 days since Louis’ birthday and that unfortunate event that turned my life upside down.

Yeah, rejection is definitely the worst thing that could happen to me.

To make it a lot worse, I got rejected even before I can properly confess. Nice.

Also, I never did have the chance to ask Louis about him leaving One Direction. 

Sigh. Maybe I’ll just ask him when I see him.

I still don’t know until when would I be absent from class. I’m pretty sure Andrea’s throwing a fit for my absence.

Well, she’s got Zayn anyway.

 I doubt having me there would make any difference.

And it’s such a relief that mom’s away for a week for her job. I don’t mind her going off somewhere that’s job related. At least, I’m at ease knowing Clarence’s with her. I mean, he’s her boss, right? Not to mention, my future step-dad.

But there’s just one thing I cannot believe that’s happening right now.

Lucas Montgomery – yes, Clarence Montgomery’s son-slash-my future step brother – is right here in front of our doorsteps, telling me that he’s going to stay with me here for the whole week, as instructed by my own mother and approved by his dad.

Where would my one week of solitude go to?

“So, umm.  Hi.” I managed a smile.

He still had that annoying expression as ever. Staring blankly, as if I wasn’t there.

Well, if he kept that kind of attitude, I don’t care about whatever mom said, but I definitely won’t hesitate about the idea of kicking him out. 

“Come in.” I muttered.

Awkward silence.

This is totally not my dream mom-free week, I gotta say.

I guided him all the way upstairs and showed him where he would be staying for the whole week. Since we don’t have any guest room and such, I guess he’s stuck with mom’s bedroom.

No way in hell would I ever let a boy use my bedroom. Just no way.

“So, umm. You can stay here at mom’s bedroom for the moment. And if you need anything else –“ 

“I’m good, thank you.” Well, it was nice hearing him saying thanks.

“I’ll be on my room then.”

He just nodded and I closed the door behind me.

DINNER

I was preparing mashed potatoes and steak for dinner. Yeah, I can’t believe I cooked either. Although… the steak seems, half-cooked.

Agh. What am I doing?

“You call that steak?” a voice came up from behind. I immediately looked behind me and saw Lucas slowly walking towards the kitchen sink.

I pouted at his remark. “Hey, it’s still edible, you know!” 

“Why won’t we have a try and find out?” he took a fork from the drawer and took a bite of my steak. When he poked the meat, it was…. a little hard. I gulped the moment I noticed it.

“And you call this edible?” he lifted his fork along with the whole steak and it was firmly in place. 

“Yeah, maybe it’s a little undercooked… but at least I tried!” I started to protest.