Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE:

“Marni! Get up, or else, do you want me to drag you all the way down here?!” I heard mom shout from downstairs.

I was still half-asleep in bed. But I’m pretty sure I can feel the hotness of the sun. I immediately sat up from my sleep and checked my clock.

It was already freakin’ 1:00pm.

I overslept. Neh, couldn’t care less. But man, my head hurts.

I got dressed and went downstairs even before my mom went up and drag me down. Swear, back in middle school, she did drag me and my lazy butt downstairs. Well blame me for finishing my English project that was due the next day. It was just a lot of work that I ended up sleeping 3:00 in the morning.

“Do you know what time it is?” I heard mom nag at me as I help myself on a bowl of cereal.

I rolled my eyes. Of course, I didn’t let her see it, or else I’ll be grounded for life.

She just sighed. “Gosh, can’t I count on you even just for a little, Marni? You do know we only have ourselves to take care of. At least give me a hand.”

I felt a pang of guilt rush over me. She was right; I wasn’t much of a help anyway here at home since I always lay around the house doing pretty much nothing. But I didn’t dare face her or retort back.

“In any case, can you get these things for me down at the supermarket?” she handed me down a yellow paper.

I took the paper and continued eating my cereal.

“We’re having pasta tonight.” She gave me a warm smile.

Wait a freakin’ minute, did she say, Pasta? She never makes pasta unless she has someone to come over the house. That means were having people over tonight. Great.

I left the house the moment I finished eating my cereal. I wonder who she’s going to bring over tonight. Last time I checked, she brought home some guy, okay, it wasn’t just some guy, and it was her client. They said they had some things to discuss, but heck, when I got down late that night; they were getting all comfy with each other on the couch. Some ‘client’, huh?

I walked all the way to the supermarket from our house; it took me almost half an hour walk. I prefer walking, thank you very much.

“Ah, good afternoon to you, Miss.” The saleslady greeted me with her ‘oh-so-pleasing’ smile.

“Uhh, yeah, where can I get these stuffs?” I asked as I handed her out the list.

“Just around that part, miss.” She pointed.

“Uh, thanks.”

It didn’t take me an hour to get everything I needed. Not a moment too soon I was out of the supermarket. That’s when my phone began to ring.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Look to your right.”

It was freakin’ Louis’ voice!

I looked around to see if he was anywhere near, and there he was, standing a few feet away from me, grinning while he was holding a cone of ice cream and his phone in his ear.

Don’t get me wrong, I like what’s happening right now, but I want to know what’s going on.

I walked up to him in a hurry. But when I almost reached him, I did the most stupidest thing a girl could ever experience in front her crush.

I freakin’ tripped!

“Hey, are you okay? – Pfft.” He was suppressing a laugh. He really is!