Revelations

*Rune's POV*

I stretched, groaning in pleasure before curling back into the warm spot under the covers, forcing my eyes to stay closed to avoid waking up any faster. I felt something shift beside me under the covers leading to an arm wrapping around my waist. It was someone. My eyes flew open, and my memory of what happened solidified.

I slowly turned over, my heart thudding so hard it hurt. I knew what I would see, and yet I couldn't bring myself to accept it until I could visually confirm it. Half turned over, I froze. Luke. I just fell asleep and he climbed into bed with me. That's all. Not my fault. Nothing had happened. Why was I so worried? I thought to myself, trying to calm my nerves.

I slowly lifted the sheets in an attempt to crawl out of the bed without waking the angel beside me. My eyes barely glanced under the covers but that was all it took. Every muscle in my body went rigid. I was naked. Naked with someone who wasn't Damien.

Luke, half dazed with sleep, used the arm he had around my waist to pull me closer to him, brushing up against my most private region. I couldn't stop the moan that escaped my lips, and I was stunned as my body physically reacted to the slight touch. I could feel the blood rushing from one head into the other. It didn't help that I felt pulsing flesh against the lowermost part of my back.

I tried to keep my breathing as even as possible, waiting for Luke to doze off again before trying to make my escape. My head was a hurricane of thoughts, the beating of my heart was erratic with different emotions fighting for attention, and it felt like my stomach was being pulled out through my throat. This couldn't be for real. There had to be a mistake. Maybe this was just a nightmare.

After what felt like an eternity, I tried to stealthily remove the arm around my waist so I could slip out of the covers. Somehow I met with success and slipped out of bed, in horror and shame of my undressed condition. I silently clamored around until I found the clothing I had been wearing previously.

A stirring on the bed momentarily caused me to hold my breath, my heart thundering in my ears. The movement didn't stop, and my eyes darted everywhere to find a place to hide. I didn't want to confront him. I didn't want this to be real.

I found the bathroom in time to dart in and close the door as mutely as possible, breathing a sigh of relief. I stared down the handle lock, mentally willing it to lock without a sound. I winced when I heard a soft click, and knew I was screwed.

"Rune?" Luke's groggy voice sounded through the door.

"Uh," I stupidly responded, quietly freaking out and trying to figure something out. Then it came to me. "I, uh, I'm taking a shower!" I basically ran to it, marveled momentarily at its modern design with a tall glass door with rich marble shaping the shower space itself, before becoming flustered trying to figure out how to turn it on.

I twisted, pushed, pulled, all to no avail before spotting a chain that I didn't hesitate to pull. Thankfully it worked, and down came the spray of water. I yelped as the cold liquid started hitting me but dodged out of the shower before getting soaked. It was puzzling how the water came from holes in the ceiling and still managed to imitate spray from a normal shower head, but that mystery was for a different time.

I heard footsteps coming from the other side of door get louder and closer, and I reflexively took steps back.

"I'll join you," his voice came through the door, just before the handle started to jiggle. My breath caught in my throat, staring at the moving handle. Suddenly, it stopped moving, and all was silent for a moment except for the white noise of the running shower.