Kidnapped

*Rune's POV*

I was taking my sweet ole time waking up, snuggling into the bed and the warmth when the bed shook as a huge bang, like a gunshot, had me bolting upright. I blinked a few times, getting rid of the sleep clouding my eyes just as the dust from the entryway settled down.

The trail of splintered wood spanned the room, from the doorway directly to the wall opposite of it. That's when I noticed the pile of debris moving and shifting and black wings unfurling caught my eye. Immediately my heart beat faster and I launched myself towards Damien as he shook the wood off of him.

"Damien!" I said breathlessly as soon as I was beside him, tossing wood off of him. His shirt was in tatters and a few cuts had him bleeding but otherwise he seemed fine.

"Good morning baby," he grunted calmly as he glared past me in the direction of the doorway. I turned to find an angel standing there.

She wore shimmering golden armor, a fashionable two-piece though not to say that I would be paying attention to that at this particular moment, with white wings poised for battle as she brandished a luminescent blade in her left hand. She was glaring at Damien, which made my blood boil, but my blood turned to ice just as quickly when she looked directly at me and her eyes shone with the glint of a predator that has found it's prey.

"There you are my sweet," she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm and fake happiness that coupled dangerously with her predatory smile. I looked back and forth between her and Damien, fearful, confused, and oddly amused.

It was a mere few seconds before the fighting started again, as Damien elegantly gave me a kiss on my cheek as he stood up before launching himself at her. She raised her sword but it was too late as Damien's head landed squarely between her breasts on the armor before she went flying through the air.

Damien looked back at me as I crouched where he left me. "As odd as this sounds, take a shower and get dressed. I should be done with this shortly," he commanded. He turned around to go but thought better of it as he turned back around to tack on, "and don't worry, I've got this under control." He sent a dazzling smile my way and was gone the next instant, leaving the doorway empty.

I scrambled to do his bidding in confusion, stripping my boxers in the bathroom and taking a shower ignoring the cold water. I finished in mere minutes, and just as I had turned off the shower I heard a loud crash and my heart stopped as the image of Damien broken and bloody in a heap flashed through my mind. I quickly shook it away, drying myself off and forcing myself into black skinny jeans and a plain white shirt. I ran my fingers through my hair, ignoring how much messier I was probably making it.

When I was done, I hesitantly walked through the bedroom doorway, trying not to get any splinters into my bare feet. Once I was safely past it, my only goal was to find Damien. Since the house was eerily quiet and empty, I slowly and cautiously looked through the house that showed the signs and destruction of a vicious battle before opening the front door to the beach.

There, on the sand, Damien was surrounded by angels, about five of them including the woman from earlier. The males were dressed in their own armor, looking like Spartans rather than angels except for the obvious white wings protruding from their backs. Damien had a sword in each hand that looked medieval in origin and the light reflected off the shiny silver metal. There was blood everywhere, sometimes in speckles and dots while other places it was mixed with the sand and looked like a buckets of the stuff was dumped there. Thankfully at this distance I could tell Damien was no worse than when he left me, but his movements were sloppy as he attempted to parry and lash back at all the angels simultaneously attacking him.