Damien

"He's so freaking HOT!" Viviana squealed to me in her room.

I groaned, "Yes I know you won't stop saying it!"

She just giggled, "Why you so grumpy exactly?"

I rolled my eyes. I'm not grumpy I'm just....dazed? I returned to the memory of earlier today.

After Damien showed up Mrs. Bulle was even tripping over herself trying to get his attention. I couldn't believe how everyone was making his arrival such a big deal! Yeah maybe he was pretty attractive, so what? There are tons of other attractive people at this school already. I made it a point to completely ignore him but that failed miserably as he confidently took the seat next to me that Derek hadn't taken up. Figures, I think to myself. Throughout class, though I had made a point to ignore him, I couldn't help but keep glancing over at him. No matter how many times I looked he kept staring at me. His gaze made my skin tingle but I couldn't figure out if that was bad or good. The hour dragged by longer than should have been possible before the bell finally signaled my release. I shot up and out of the classroom like hell was hot on my heels. Derek just gave me a strange look and a shrug when he caught up to me. I was glad he didn't ask about it, I didn't want him listening to me stutter and feign answering.

Then I ended up here, in Viviana's pink, plush, absolutely girly room listening to her rant and rant on and on about a guy she had known less than a day. "Rune!" Vikki shouted in my face and I came crashing back to reality.

"What?" I grumbled. She looked slightly hurt and I momentarily puzzled over what I had done wrong or missed.

"I said, do you think I should go after him?" she said slowly like I was retarded.

I didn't understand why my heart squeezed and anger flared in me when she asked that, but I kept my face cool and replied, "Sure, why not."

Her face glowed brightly as she went into total flirt mode, talking a mile a minute and planning and scheming everything from what to wear to what to say to him. Her babbling went on as I started addressing my reaction to her question. Why did I suddenly care? It's not like he is mine or someone I'm interested in. Right?

The next day at school my thoughts were consumed with him. I found out we had a few classes together which only made me nervous. He continued to stare at me each and every chance he got. He totally ignored the girls throwing themselves at him, including Viviana, earning him more than one screaming rant from crazed girls who wanted him badly. Part of me was pleased he was staring at me, giving me his full attention. Another part of me despised that he would let all those girls throw themselves at him and not bat an eyelash or even acknowledge them much. As if matters couldn't get worse, Jack showed up for more than the usual bullying.

I was walking the empty halls returning from a lecture of one of my teachers to lunch when Jack and his goons walked around the corner laughing. When Jack spotted me his eyes narrowed and his grin grew dangerously. "Well well, looks like the faggot lost his way and is all alone."

"I don't have time for this Jack," I mumbled before trying to walk around them. He grabbed my shirt and shoved me into the lockers, causing my head to spin a bit from the impact.

"Then make time," he growled. "I have a theory we can beat the fag out of you. What do you guys think?" His pets nodded eagerly. I wasn't prepared for when the first punch came. It took all I had in me not to black out from the pain. But they didn't stop there. Jack kneed me in the stomach, causing me to bend over with a grunt. Jack proceeded to slam my face into his knee. I pathetically held up my arms to defend my face and head as they all kicked and beat at my crumpled body on the floor. Before losing consciousness, I remember seeing a figure at the end of the hall with fists clenched and glowing red eyes staring with anger and hatred. Then the darkness swallowed me.