Chapter 17 - Dancing with Gail

My mouth dropped open as he pulled me further onto the dance floor and lightly brushed his hand on my hip to put me in place. I hesitated and stepped away from him and he looked at me with clear lack of understanding. I looked around us at the dancing groups and moved towards him so he could hear me properly. "Won't Jamie mind?"

Gail snorted and wafted his hand dismissively. "Jamie doesn't care about who I dance with."

I wasn't sure if I believed him but he seemed like he was certain of his answer so I didn't push it. "Benny will care though... He's jealous of anyone touching me."

Gail took my hands and pulled me closer so that they could slide to my waist. My skin immediately heated up at the foreign touch. "He shouldn't have left you alone then for another girl. His mistake. Dance before I change my mind."

I swallowed and hesitantly put my hands on his shoulders as the music started to pick up the pace. He dipped my hip to one side and I followed his lead as he slowly brought us into the music. I could feel myself twisting to the beats as I relaxed into the song and Gail's fingers kept me going as he twirled me and moved me in time with the tune.

Somewhere in the first song, I completely forgot everyone and everything around me. Gail was an expert dancer and I was amazed that he didn't dance more often. He kept me on my toes as I twisted and turned, bringing myself backwards and forwards into his arms. I swirled my hands in the air and a smile appeared on his lips as he watched me.

The shock was immediate. I hadn't seen Gail smile or truly laugh and here I was making him do both as I spun wildly in his arms. It was such a lovely sight that I was sure I had mistaken it but when I twirled again there it was, full front and centre staring back at me with gorgeous envious bright white teeth.

My arms curled around his neck as he pulled me closer to move our hips to the music. "I thought you don't dance?!" I called as he pushed me away then brought me back again with his fingers, his hands gripping me to steady me in place each time.

His fingers tightened on my sides as he swung them to the beat. "I don't. It doesn't mean I can't."

I chuckled and allowed him to push my hips in time to the music. "You should definitely dance more often. You really have a talent."

He shook his head but I could tell he appreciated the compliment from the twinkle in his eye. Our bodies dipped and I found myself rolling with him as we moved, our eyes locked on each other as his hips moulded to mine. The contrast from the first song was so intense I had to take a breath to figure out what was going on as he rocked against me. It was steamy and so unexpected that I found myself panting and clutching onto him tightly around his neck.

He smirked as his face came close enough to touch mine and I closed my eyes as I got lost in the music, enjoying the feeling of him against me way much more than I should. His fingers were like fire as they slid down my spine in a lazy trail. I moved backwards and forwards a he led me into spins, my hands briefly pressing against his chest before I was moving again. Each time I touched him it was as if it sparked him too, especially from the intake of breath I'm sure I heard three spins in.

We were so in sync that the sudden grip of my arm startled me and I opened my eyes to find myself being dragged out of Gail's hold into a very irritated Benny. I ripped my arm from his hold as soon as I realised it was him, hating the fact that he had ruined my night again. He glared towards Gail, seemingly avoiding my annoyed expression. If I hadn't been irritated then I was definitely angry now. 

"What the hell is going on here?" He demanded, snarling at Gail, who stood calmly where he had stopped dancing, clearly not concerned about being caught dancing with me.