Chapter 13

"Mrs. Adams-Foster-"

"Stef. Please."

"Right... Stef, your wife... She-"

"Is she okay?" I interrupted on accident. The fear was too much. I needed to know if she was okay before I knew what was wrong with her. I was on the verge of crying again so my voice cracked when I spoke.

"Yes. Your wife is fine. She had appendicitis... Her appendix burst... That's why she woke up screaming. That's also why she vomited in the car on the way here. It's a good thing you got home when you did. If you hadn't, we might not have been able to save her. We already took her to surgery and had her appendix removed. We knew that you were her spouse from your other visits here," she said emphasizing the word other, " we also knew, however, that Mike was your Ex-Husband so we told him she was in surgery. You, I'm afraid, were so tired you passed out and wouldn't wake up when I came out then. She's in her room recovering from surgery, but she's still asleep right now. /You/ can go see her, though. After explaining to your children of course."

"Alright. Thank you," I said nodding. I wiped the tears from my eyes and made my way to the children. I explained to them what was happening and they all visibly relaxed at the fact of Mama being okay.

I told them that they can all go home and go to sleep. I told them that that don't have to go to school the next day and that Monte, their principal, would understand perfectly fine. I asked Mike, Ana, and AJ to stay with them tonight seeing as it's a package deal now. I gave all my babies a hug and a kiss on the forehead and bid them goodnight. I watched as they walked out of the door and to their cars that they would be riding in. I took a deep breath and turned around.

Time to go see my sleeping beauty...