CHAPTER 6

MELISSA'S POV

I stared at him with disbelieving eyes. My eyes are swollen and the tears keep flowing down my face. Oh God. Why does it have to be him?

"No! T-this is n-not happening. I-i refused to believe this" I whispered as I looked at him with wide eyes. My mouth is hanged open I'm afraid it will reach the floor. My face is full of shock as I try to process what is happening right now.

"W-why are y-you my m-m-mate?" I shake my head and closed my eyes. This is not happening. I just need to focus and when I open my eyes, this will all be just a hallucination. Right? But I can still smell him. I can still smell that intoxicating smell of his.

I watched him study my face then down to my body. He focused in particular at my stomach. When I looked at it, I see a part of my shirt lifted up showing a bit of skin covered with purple bruises.

I was brought to the present when he took a step closer to me. It took all my will not to whimper at the menacing aura that he released. He took another step which made me flinch away from him.

He's my mate but here he is taking a step towards like he wants me to disappear in this world.

No, I can't let him. If we accepted each other, that'll just give him the opening to further hurt and torture me mentally and physically.

The Moon Goddess must have made a mistake. We will never be happy with each other and that will be further torture to me.

So it's best if we. . . reject each other. Staying together will only cause pain.

With a new resolve, I gather all my courage to look up to him. In his eyes are hatred and disgust.

I feel like someone stabbed me with a knife. He doesn't want me. It will do us both the favor if I reject him now.

I opened my mouth when he beat me to it.

"I, Seth Blake Marshall, reject you Melissa Rietveld as my mate and Luna of the Nigrae Lunam Pack!"

I could feel my heart braking as I continue to stare at his eyes. Everything around me lost it's volume and it seems like everything is muted. One thought keeps repeating itself in my mind.

Seth Blake rejected me.

I couldn't understand what I'm feeling. Just a few moments ago I was prepared to reject him but then he beat me to it. My heart is cold and filled with the resolution of rejecting him. I couldn't care at that point. I don't want to spend the rest of my days with someone who continuously abuses me.

But now that he rejected me, I couldn't help but hear the sound of my heart breaking. It's like a shattered fragile glass that is thrown towards the hard concrete floor.

I stared at him, looking for any change in his expression. But there's nothing. His gaze is cold and empty. Like he's talking about the weather. He doesn't want me? Well, I'll show him that I don't want this bond as well. I'm accepting it. I am accepting his rejection.

"I, Melissa Rietveld, accept the rejection of Blake Marshall as my mate and Alpha of Nigrae Lunam Pack!"