CHAPTER 8

A/N This chapter is just an emotional train.

***

I woke up with the sun shining on my face. My hands came to my face to block the light but the splitting headache had me motionless for a while. I was groaning while holding  my head with both hands. Argh, what the fuck happened last night?

Just like a switch, the events of last night played through my mind. The last memory I had, was of me drinking with some guy. Wait---

What?

I drank last night and with some guy?

I gently stepped my feet on the floor still holding my head when I was met with soft carpet. The material feels so good against my ski---

Carpet?

I don't have a carpet in my room. Shit. I raised my head and looked around the room. Fuck! Where the hell am I? Turning on the other side of the bed, I could see a lump of blanket and a head of blonde hair peeking just under.

I couldn't have slept with someone right?

I looked over myself to see that the clothes I'm wearing are completely different to I wore yesterday. Instead of the pants and the shirt I wore it was replaced with a huge t-shirt and boxers.

Ugh!

Did I really sleep with someone yesterday? But I have no recollection whatsoever of whatever happened if there really has last night.

My splitting headache is not helping in the very least.

Did we do it last night?

We didn't, right? I mean I should have remembered something.

You were dead drunk, remember?

This is a problem. I have to return to the pack and there's also my mate...

Right, my mate.

He rejected me. I could feel my eyes getting hot and tears started to form. I completely forgot about all the rejection thing but now that it's back. . . it still hurts.

I hear the shuffling of sheets beside me. When I turned around, I was met with chocolate brown eyes. It was staring at me intensely making me conscious of myself. I strayed away from his eyes and looked at his face. He has very sharp features and really attractive jaw. He was magnificent even early in the morning. Wow.

I couldn't form the right words as I stared at him dazedly, mesmerized by his beauty. I didn't know a guy could be this beautiful without looking girly. Seth was handsome but in a roguish kind of way but he- he is magnificent.

I was brought the present when I felt his cold hands on my cheek wiping away my tears. I sniffed and looked at his eyes which were staring at me with concern. That was a first. Everybody either looked at me with disgust or hatred, but he is an exemption.

His caring hands continued to stroke my cheeks wiping the remaining tears. I don't know how it happened or why, maybe because he is the first look at me with concern in his eyes, but the dam broke and my tears fell. Continuously. He rubbed my back and placed me over his lap. He used his hand to put my head in his neck while he pat my back with the other. He rocked me ever so slightly.

My body is raked with sobs as I leaned to him for support. I completely lost all my energy as I let my tears make their way down my cheeks.

This is new to me. I don't even know who this guy is or have we slept together yet here I am seeking comfort with a stranger. So pathetic. I am so pathetic.

I lay there motionless feeling all the energy drained from me. I could feel my eyes start to feel heavy and I let them be.

I'm tired.

***