Chapter 2- Flickering Truth

Papyrus POV

"YOU SEE..."

Undyne and Alphys edge in closer as the tall skeleton seems to be lost in thought.

"So... What happened?" Undyne asked, her eyes glinting with concern.

"IT'S... IT'S HARD TO EXPLAIN IT, BUT... I SAW SOMETHING..." I started.

"You saw... something?" Undyne questioned.

"Y-YES... IT WAS REALLY... WEIRD. BUT... I SAW SANS STRAPPED DOWN I A TABLE... WITH... WITH A... AND THEN..." I looked down, my arms hugging myself as a small form of comfort.

"Uhh what? You're kinda drifting off. Something about Sans in a table?" Undyne reminded.

I looked up, Undyne's face hinting the hint of worry and curiosity.

"OH Y-YES," I answered. "I SAW... SANS IN A TABLE."

"THERE WAS A... SCIENTIST? HOLDING A WEIRD LIQUID WITH A REALLY POINTY EDGE. THE SCIENTIST WAS SMILING... IT WAS SO COLD AND EMPTY, AS IF HE HAS NO SOUL... THE SUDDENLY, HE..." My breathing started to become heavy.

"A-are you o-okay? W-what happened?" Alphys' brow slanted into worry and curiosity.

"HE..." My soul clenched.

"HE SUDDENLY INJECTED THE WEIRD LIQUID INTO SANS' SOUL AND SANS SUDDENLY STARTED SCREAMING!" I cried.

"SANS WAS SCREAMING SO HARD! SO MUCH IN PAIN, BUT... I FELT THE PAIN TOO...!" I collapsed to the ground, sobbing.

Undyne gasped. "P-Pap-!"

"IT WAS SO PAINFUL! IT FELT LIKE LIVING LAVA WAS MOVING WITHIN YOU! I COULD NOT HANDLE THE PAIN! SANS' PAIN! IT WON'T GO AWAY! BUT SANS CAN'T STOP AND DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT! HE HAD TO GO THROUGH UNBEARABLE AGONY! IT WAS SO, SO HORRIBLE.." I cried out, tears falling down like a waterfall.

Undyne rushed into the shaking skeleton. "E-everything will be fine Pap! Everything will be alright..." Undyne carefully comforted, rubbing circles into my back.

"Alphys remained silent. She felt bad for urging the skeleton to tell what happened. But something felt wrong about the male angel's story. A scientist? Holding a strange liquid? Did Papyrus meant drugs? Chemicals? But Sans being injected on... Living experimentation?! That's... taboo! Alphys pondered hard on the new information possibly regarding on the short demon.

"There there... Everything will be fine." Undyne continued to comfort. "But there's one thing I don't understand," Undyne questioned. "Why did Papyrus get some kind of vision or stuff like that?"

"...It was because of the Soul Bond" Alphys finally spoke.

The verdant warrior stared at Alphys.

"...Soul Bond? It was because of the Soul Bond?"

The short dinosaur twiddled with her thumbs.

"Umm... Y-yes! A Soul Bond can do so many things. Not only it d-deepens a monster's relationship, it can also boost both monster's mentality and heal souls, but it can also share memories and feelings." Alphys explained.

"Woah... It can do stuff like that?" Undyne's eyes widen.

"Y-yes. Because Papyrus performed a Soul Bond with Sans, Sans' memories and pain must have been transferred to Papyrus. Their souls are currently bonded, s-so Papyrus can feel Sans' emotions and such." The doctor continued.

"T-THEN WHAT I SAW WAS...!"

"Y-yes, what you s-saw was S-Sans' memories!" the yellow angel squeaked out.