Chapter 1- Nobody Knows

Sans' POV

It's a beautiful day outside. The angels are flying, some demons are hiding- no wait, that doesn't sound beautiful at all.

I silently maneuvered behind Papyrus, who started cooking his spaghetti in great effort. Softly muttering "nyeh"s behind his stove. I heard some bones snap inside me, probably due to me straining behind his kitchen.

Papyrus immediately turned to my direction, his frown quickly shifting into a smile.

"SANS! DID YOU KNOW THAT UNDYNE STARTED GIVING ME SPECIAL CELESTIAL TRAININGS?! SHE SAID THAT THE FIRST PART OF THE TRAINING IS COOKING!" Papyrus happily exclaims as he runs towards me.

Oh good, Papyrus doesn't even suspect me hiding behind him. What can you expect from Papyrus?

"Hey Pap. Whatcha making there?" I asked, even though I already knew what he is making: spaghetti.

"WHY I'M GLAD YOU ASKED SANS! WHAT AM I MAKING HERE? WHY, OF COURSE, I'M MAKING SPAGHETTI! UNDYNE TOLD ME THAT IF I CAN MAKE GOOD SPAGHETTI, I COULD ADVANCE TO THE NEXT LEVEL! JUST SHE WAITS UNTIL I AM A GLORIUS MEMBER OF THE HOLYGUARD!" Papyrus excitedly yells, his wings flapping wildly.

"Wow that sounds cool Pap. Just make sure that-"

"SANS...!"

"-it won't pasta away!"

"AAAAARGGGGH!" The tall skeleton loudly groans as I snicker from the reaction.

"HONESTLY THOUGH! WHEN WILL YOU STOP MAKING THESE HORRIBLE PUNS?! THEY'RE SO TERRIBLE THAT..." Papyrus talked as I stopped listening.

I suddenly felt the fiendish energy brushing past behind me. I quickly raised a small barrier. A barrier than cloaks and muffle the presence of celestial beings.

"...AND THAT'S WHY YOUR PUNS ARE TERRIBLE AND SUCH- HEY! SANS! ARE YOU LISTENING?!" Papyrus quickly snapped after noticing the smaller skeleton's distraction.

I jumped as Papyrus' head all of the sudden got really close to mine. His eyes being serious, then slowly slipping into an expression of concern.

"HEY SANS, ARE YOU ALRIGHT? YOU DON'T LOOK GOOD AT THE MOMENT." Papyrus said, his face full of worry.

"SANS, ARE YOU ALRIGHT? YOU DON'T LOOK SO GOOD" Papyrus worriedly asks one day in Snowdin.

My soul felt heavy. I can feel my bones starting to sweat. I quickly attempted to smile, but Papyrus could notice it's more of a grimace than a smile.

"Huh? Of course I am bro. Why wouldn't I be?" I laughed half-heartedly. My chest feeling numb with the burden of the timelines.

Papyrus stared at the shorter skeleton.

"HMM. I THINK YOU'RE HIDING SOMETHING. WOULD YOU CARE TO TELL ME SANS?" Leered Papyrus.

"Hide? Oh no, why would I hide something from the Great Papyrus? Speaking of which, aren't you gonna be late for your Royal Guard training?" Sans reminded.

The tall skeleton swiftly turned to the clock.

"OH DEAR YOU'RE RIGHT BROTHER! I'LL BE OUT FOR A FEW HOURS!" Then Papyrus turned to Sans.

"BUT WILL YOU BE ALRIGHT? YOU REALLY LOOK... EXHAUSTED. NOT WORK EXHAUSTED, BUT..."

'YOU LOOK EXHAUSTED TO LIVE' Papyrus thought.

"Nah bro, I'll be fine! I'm completely fine! No need to worry about it bro." Sans smiled.

Papyrus carefully examined the pun-loving bones.