12

We walked into Dad's workshop. This place was on a different level of his office, our apartment in the Facilities and it looked private. The walls had no glass. The sliding door was made of thick metal like you see at the hangar. There were windows, but little. It almost looks like a prison. It was cold and damp in here, but with the sight of robots and technologies and the prototypes scattering on the table - and they were literally all over the places - I felt like home. I've missed watching and helping my father with his invention.

     I followed Dad deeper into the workshop as he instructed Friday to switch on the lights and the computers. As the workshop brightened, I was not that surprise to see different advanced technologies in every angle of the room. They weren't the same as you use at your home or at your working office. But they were familiar to me and my heart warmed with the sight of them.

     There were two tables facing each other with the same technology as in high-tech computers. On the screen of one of the computers were showed with a few small boxes that it looked like a report from the CCTV. I smiled to myself when I saw a computer with my name on the screen in my favourite silver metal - the one without the CCTV camera. I supposed Dad didn't want me to do anything illegal out of his sight, but if he had skills with computer, so was I.

     I quickly jumped up and down as I headed for my computer. "I miss this kind of place," I announced, wanting Dad to know on purpose.

     "I miss you here too, my friend." Dad smiled at me as he watched me sitting down in front of the computer with a big smile on his face. My eyes sparkled with excitement; my face glowed with adoration. If Dad brought here on the first day, I wouldn't go out of this workshop ever.

     "So Peter," Dad said. "This is the place where we're going to work on your Spiderman suit. You know how to build your computer so I supposed you know half of the equipment here so I don't think I need to explain them to you one by one."

     Peter didn't say anything. He had his backpack hung behind his bag and one hand holding it to life. He looked intimidated with what Dad had in here, but at the same time, he looked curious. Somewhere in him, I knew, he couldn't wait to touch any things that caught his eyes.

     "Whatever happened in here, Terri," Dad looked at me seriously, "do not say anything. They don't know I have this school boy to in my team....though I don't think they care either. But, please. Bringing him here was enough to make me feel guilty."

     "Wait," I lifted my hand - a stop sign as if Dad was still talking, "who's they?" I glanced at Peter and he looked confused as well.

     Dad's face contorted. I knew, from the look of it, he was battling with himself either to tell me or not tell me. He ignored both Peter and I for awhile to take a seat behind his table. And then he said, "They as in....Cap's team? They're starting....some kind of a war between us, keeping us a part when I try to keep us together."

     "Should I know more?" Peter spoke for the first time.

     Dad's eyes snapped at him as if he just realised that boy's there. "No, you shouldn't," he said, alarmed. "But you, Terri. You've known so much that by this point, I shouldn't keep any secret from you."

     I frowned, my lips turned downward while looking at my father in confusion. "What's more to tell?"

     "No, there's nothing more." Dad chuckled to himself. "Right, Peter. Here's the agenda. We have a night to get everything done. Terri here will help you as much as she can. Though she doesn't know much about techs, but she's a fast learner so you can ask her to do just anything you want her to do."