10: Catfight Foreplay

Ava's POV

My head feels like someone is throwing stones at it. It is pounding badly. It is spinning badly. It hurts. What the fuck happened ? I remember Lucifer and me being um... partially intimate. And then I blacked out. Poof... just black. I slowly flutter my eyelids. And the first thing I notice is the dim light of the room. Yes. The room. Do I wanna know how I came here ? No. I flutter them once more before completely opening them and I feel the laziness and the soreness travel around my body. Literally. Have you ever been so tired that the moment you got the bed you forget your body and when you wake up you are achingly aware of it? Yeah? That's what this is.

I slowly sit up as to avoid giving my brain a headstart and startle everything. And I touch my head with the sole of my palm. It is still pounding. I look around to notice room I am currently in. Black bedsheets with black and red comforters. White walls on three sides and floor- to- ceiling windows on the forth side. But that is not what caught my attention. The view in the windows caught my attention. It is breath taking. I was high up to see the outskirts of the entire city but low enough to see each and every flicker of light in every building. I could also see inside the lights and windows of the neighbouring building. It wasn't near. In fact it was pretty far but close enough for me to peep in.

I turn around and locate the door leading toutside the room opposite to the windows. I open it and slide out closing it behind me gently. I wasn't in my work clothes anymore though. I was in a black t-shirt that reached my high- thigh and boxer briefs. The graphic on the t-shirt said Knight. If I had any doubts about me wondering who changed me... I didn't now. I walk across the hallway well more like passageway since it is high up in the second storey but on one side are the different rooms and other side is a balcony railing which allows me to oversee the first floor down and the third one up. The entire apartment is white. It is beautiful.

I reach the stairs which are the end of the way and lead to the first storey passage way and decide to go to the slightly ajar door on the right. I reach it and take a deep breath bracing myself for facing the fallen. I am going to give him an earful about this. My hand in the handle freezes as I hear the voices inside. They aren't murmuring but actually it looks like a discussion.

What if this is the wrong room?

But Lucifer's voice on the other side has me hitched. I now know that this isn't the wrong room. Not wanting to eavesdrop..... I still eavesdrop. Yes people, that's me.

"What do you mean you have no idea? This is a mess and this mess we have to clean" a male voice sounds.

"This is not my fault. I had nothing to do with this. Ask Gabriel, he might have an idea. And if he denies too then this isn't our mess. We were either very unlucky or someone tried to set us up." This one I could recognize as Lucifer. Gabriel ?

"Either way we are involved we have to clear everything. I do not want any unwanted attention" This one sounded like a female, she continues like a pure almost gagingly seductive "Lucifer.... I trust you, and I know you are more than capable of taking care of it". This just proved my guess that the previous voice was Lucifer.

How many bitches does he have? I swear to god if he is like any other billionaire playboy I am going to quit my job and never see him again. But not before unhinging one of his balls.

"Carla" the first male voice says almost warningly. So the queen bitch is Carla. "We shall be on our way, Lucifer. Give my regards to your parents and please, girl at the door come inside have a cup of tea"

Caught red handed.
Deer in the headlights.

Damn it curiosity. What is wrong with you ? I slowly open the door as it to prolong the inevitable and step inside slowly. I come face to face with three men and one woman. I guess the third one had kept quiet. I bite my lip and look around nervously. Carefully avoiding everyone's stares, I look up to Lucifer seeing his eyes trained on me with a smirk in his face and amusement swimming in his eyes.

"Isn't she a little younger than the previous women you have brought before ?" A deep baritone and me looking in the direction of the voice. What is it with people and my age ? I take him in. He has blond hair and is wearing a suit. He looks lethal. That is the only word that comes to my mind. He is devilishly handsome and he could compete Lucifer in that department. A scoff had me turning towards the source and finding the woman glaring daggers at me. Her eyes slide down assessing me and when she takes in me completely, her gaze turns to me and this time she looks like she could write 'thousand ways to murder 101'.

I simply raise an eyebrow with a blank expression. She is blond too and is positively very beautiful but I also did not miss the wedding ring on her finger. She looks taken aback with my reaction. Then she opens her mouth and her next words have me almost jumping on the table and trying to tear her hair out, "Girl, I don't think you understand the meaning of 'one night stand'. You are supposed to leave now wearing your own clothes and never meet each other again" but I hold it. This woman is a bitch and she is clearly hung up on Lucifer. This has me unsettled.

"I don't know the meaning of 'one night stand' but you clearly would, wouldn't you?" I reply back and a not-so-very discreet cough has me turning in the direction of the man and Lucifer who are now standing beside each other trying to hold their chuckles.

"What did you just say?" Carla replies. She didn't have to add bitch in the end. I knew. She looks enraged but covers it up quickly her eyes darting in the direction of Lucifer and a fake smile overtakes her face "Perhaps you mean something else" she supplies.

"Babe, you are doing a terrible job at being discreet" I reply back. There is no point beating around the bush. Everyone in this room knows that this is the foreplay of a catfight. She drops her smile immediately and turns to Lucifer, "Are you just going to stand there without defending me ?" Then she turns to the man who is siting beside her who looks old enough to be my father and promote, "Evan ?". So his name is Evan. Evan's eyes were trained on the floor looking confused as to what to do. Then he takes a deep breath and opens his mouth but is beaten to it by Lucifer, "I don't think so, Ava is more than capable of handling herself obviously" I don't turn to look at him but instead settle to smirk at her. No one missed the emphasis on Ava.