Chapter 53

Chapter 53: Forever by your side

I miss my boo. I wanna see him. Wala sa loob na hinalo-halo ko ang mocha frappe sa harap ko. Nasa starbucks ako at hinihintay si Claire. I've been avoiding the rest of the guys for two days now. I turned off my phone. At madalas akong umaalis ng bahay para di nila ako madatnan.

"Selene." I smiled upon seeing my friend.

"Hey." She sat across me.

"So where have you been hiding for the past two days?" I pouted. "Have you found it?"

I furrowed my brows. "Found what?"

"Yung place para sa mga sawi sa love." She said, teasing.

I groaned. "Did I really sing that song?" I asked weakly.

She giggled while nodding. "Yup! Everyone was stunned. I totally loved it though! Especially when you cried. It was awesome. It seemed like you were making a video."

I closed my eyes tightly and groaned again. "Now you know why I have been hiding."

"Clyde is so worried about you. He's been pestering and asking me to visit you." I grimaced. I know that she had visited one time but I was out shopping. "I had been trying to reach you but your phone was off."

"I forgot to charge it."I lied.

Itinaas niya ang kilay. "You forgot or... you intentionally did not charge it?" She sighed. "Selene, it was just a small misunderstanding."

"Right." I don't know what else to say.

"Alam mo bang parang sira si Clyde na di mapakali dahil di ka niya ma-contact? When you cried that night, he didn't know what to do."

Yeah, I can pretty much imagine and guess why. He can't wait to break up with me so he can be with George. Can't blame him. She's a real stunner. I forced a smile and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Don't worry, we'll talk." When I'm ready... to let him go.

I'm so scared to face him because I have this feeling that the moment he gets the chance to talk to me, he will end our relationship. Avoiding him is the only resort I can think of to hold on to him as long as I can.

After strolling in the mall, we went to her house. Mag-movie marathon daw kami. Pumayag naman ako kasi sinigurado naman niyang kami lang dalawa. We watched one of Channing Tatum's movie. My tears started falling when Channing went to the party and it didn't end well for him. I can feel his pain and hopelessness.

"Oh my gosh, Selene are you okay? Grabe kang makaiyak."

Natatwang pinunasan ko ang mga luha ko. "It's just that I can imagine how painful it must be for him to let her go after fighting so hard. I feel sorry for him." Claire handed me the box of tissue. I smiled gratefully and used some. My tears won't stop flowing! "His line just sort of got into me: how do you look at the girl you love and tell yourself it's time to walk away? Diba, ang sakit?"

In my case, how do I look at him and tell myself it's time to set him free so he can be with someone else? Someone who can freely express her feelings for him without the fear of being caught. With that thought, I cried even harder.