"lay with me"

Troye was anxious. No scratch that, he was terrified.

His jet lag was incredibly irritating as well, even if it was his first day in the iconic and scorching city that was Los Angeles. He's been feeding off from hospital food for the past fifteen hours and hasn't slept for three days, not even napping on the plane. Something was restricting him. Connor was.

Ever since his facetime call with Connor Troye felt absolutely horrible. And not like the "this is all my fault" horrible, but the "what the fuck have I done I need to get the earliest tickets to Los Angeles, California and apologize seven hundred billion times and confess my love to this boy I met on the internet" horrible. So here he was.

Honestly Troye had no idea what he was doing. He didn't plan out anything at all  but when he saw his Connor being dragged out of his apartment room by this taller and much bigger man with stained blood on the blankets the only thing he saw on his screen, he didn't think twice when quickly pulling out his credit card and laptop.

Tyler was on the phone with the police and surprisingly, something just as small as a phone number and a location of a city from across the world was enough to track a man down. And he couldn't help thinking, I deserve this. But Connor didn't. And that was what made him break. He remembered hazily that he did in fact was drinking but still sober enough to know what he was doing but yet he found himself bawling into Tyler's arms after purchasing his tickets but with his best friend's reassurance by his side.

And there may have been a true moment there, but both of the boys knew how much Connor meant to Troye, and Tyler supported that.

Troye's skin was extremely pale, paler than how it normally is. His eyes were stone cold and slanted with a slightly pink overtone of his sclera, and dark prominent shadows under his eyes. Anyone could mistake him for one of the patients in the hospital with Troye's shaking leg and an excessive amount of paper cups once filled with coffee on the round table next to him. He asks every doctor or nurse walking past him, "Any news on Connor Franta?"

"He's just woken up." was one of the replies Troye did not expect to hear at 12:32am on his forty second paper cup and nine stale baloney sandwiches.

This was most definitely his quickest reaction rate as he almost knocked over the hospital waiting chair he has been sitting in for hours, feeling his back suddenly ache in discomfort. Troye groaned but stood up with anxious eyes, asking the doctor if he could see him.

"He's speaking with his family, first, you'll have to wait a few," the doctor informed. "And just to clarify, what again is your relationship with this boy?"

Troye was going to respond simply with he was just a friend but his mind was slipped up and blurted out, "Boyfriend...he...yes he's my boyfriend."

The doctor nodded with pursed lips. "And you're from Australia? How's the long distance relationship going?"

"Oh, uh, no-- we live together."

What the hell are you doing Troye.

The doctor nodded and smiled. "Well, good for you two. Now you'll see him in just a moment, take a seat for now. We'll call you when ready."

Troye politely nodded and sat back down as the doctor began to walk away and Troye continued his stress. He rubbed his clammy hands frequently on his gray sweatpants and tried to take deep breaths. He was actually here. He was going to meet him. The boy he's been crushing on the internet for years, even though in a hospital bed, this was good enough.

He couldn't help but smile and laugh quietly to himself and people may see him as insane but Troye shook his head and smiled happily. He was going to meet his Connor. Maybe it won't go far into a relationship, but hopefully Connor was just as excited.