"ball and chain"

Connor didn't know what to do.

It's now their third day in the house which was in fact full of pure enjoyment. They had explored the outsides of the house deep in the forest, taking pictures of the breath-taking surroundings. They even spotted a deer out near a river, and Connor was truly amazed at the rare environnent. He's never been out somewhere so unfamiliar and exhillerating, yet calming and peaceful. It's been a while since he's felt this relaxed, but he knew that relaxation would end very soon.

He tries not to think about anything, especially anything that meant breaking up with Troye. He wonders why it's so hard to just be happy with himself for once. For months now he's been having these financial issues that made him drift apart from everything he loves. It's heartbreaking, and Connor can't do anything besides wait for shit to happen and ruin his life forever.

These distressing thoughts soon led to becoming self conscious on who he was. He was being scarred. Literally. He didn't want to do it, but his mind was clouded and the blade seemed intriguing that day. Besides that, his eye bags were absolutely horrible. His eyes dreaded in color and his skin was always pale and dry. In the mirror, all he sees is a failure.

Last night, he expected Troye to see that too. But they made love like he was delicate, but also worshiped him with the body he had. Connor couldn't want any more than that, but the tears that built in his eyes when he woke up in the middle of that morning screamed an opposition to Troye's words he told him that night.

He was naked, a blank comforter covering all parts but his chest. He felt too exposed, too disgusted with himself. Not because of his activities with Troye, but the things that were on him. He wished Troye had someone better.

Connor didn't cry when Troye began to stir from his sleep. Instead, he blinked quickly and tilted his head to see the boy with his eyes still shut, but was beginning to stretch his arms. Troye yawns cutely, little crinkles forming in the corners of his eye.

"Good morning," Connor lets out a small giggle.

Troye grins, stretching his arms out which dragged down the comforter a bit lower to his also naked chest. "You sleep alright?"

Connor nods. "Mhm. You?"

"Same," he grins, his eyes still sleepy. "I'm starving."

All of a sudden, he hears the sound of metal clattering from the floor beneath them, banging loudly against a rough surface that produced a loud shriek of profanities by the person downstairs. Connor jumps a bit, but then bursts out into a laugh, realizing it was just Tyler.

"Maybe we should get up and actually make breakfast," Troye giggles, pulling down the comforter from off his body. "Unlike our friend Tyler, here."

The other boy just nods and follows through Troye's steps; watching him from his naked behind, getting up and reaching over to the duffel bag that slumped in the corner of the room. He pulled out a couple of simple clothing with his undergarments, along with Connor who threw his clothes carelessly on. None of them bothered to shower or brush their teeth, as it was practically mid-day.

Connor takes his phone from off the bedside table and checks over for any type of connection that might've magically appeared from the night before. But of course, there was still no service. He doesn't know why he's so anxious to get WiFi; maybe it was his close relationship between him and the internet, or maybe it was the minuscule, reminiscing feeling he felt that something was wrong. He always shrugged that feeling away, but something just didn't feel...right.