Fireflies~ Ennoshita Chikara

"(Nickname), please slow down!" "Chikara!~ If I slow down then there will be no fireflies out! They'll all fly away!" "An extra five minutes won't make a difference!" You puffed up your cheeks and looked towards your boyfriend. "Come on," you groaned. "You're on the volleyball team and you can't walk a little faster!?" "Stop yelling I'm right here." "Fine." You huffed out and slowed your strides. "Thank you." Ennoshita quickly leaned over and pecked your cheek adjusting his camera bag.

"You know, this walk would have been twice as easy without that." "I only agreed to come out here if you let me take pictures." "I know, I know, but couldn't you just have 'forgotten' about that." You made quotes signs in the air, then gently nudged the other with a smile. "Where is this place anyways (Name)?" "It should be somewhere around here."

And it was. An open field where the grass was pushed down by many people walking through or around the clearing. Trees surrounded the area on three sides, the forth overlooking Miyagi; or part of it. For miles it was street lined with lights as far as you could see, yet it was still dark in the little clearing. Except for the small blinking lights flying around.

Your smile brightened the minute you saw them. The fireflies dancing around the night sky. The heat of summer didn't seem to bother you like it usually did. Honestly, you couldn't feel it. You were just so happy. The night air wasn't the only thing you didn't notice. The clicks of Chikara's camera weren't reaching your ears either. It felt like you were alone with the blinky creatures.

Eventually you did turn to the dark haired boy you dragged along after practice. "Come on. Put that down and come with me.~" "B-But (Name)..." "No buts. I didn't come all the way out here to flirt with fireflies." "So you're going to flirt with me?" "You're my boyfriend. I always flirt with you." You rolled your eyes and laughed pulling him along with you.

At about midnight, you could feel your eyes getting heavy, and the walk back wasn't exactly short. Especially with your personal paparazzi carrying his camera. "Chika." "Hmm?" "I'm tired. Let go home." He sat up off the dampening ground and stretched towards the sky. Another soft breeze blew through the clearing and you couldn't help but smile.

Of course you two spent Sunday together as well. And Monday came much faster then it should have. You two would meet up in class after changing shoes and talking to other friends, and for Chikara, morning practice. You waved bye to a friend from the class next to yours and opened the locker that held your shoes.

What you didn't expect was the small picture frame with a sticky note stuck to the front. 'To the person who's eyes shine as bright as the fireflies.' Your heart melted right then and there. You held up the picture of you from a few nights before. Your hair was being ruffled slightly by the summer breeze, and somehow the lights from the city behind you gave just enough light to show you, but not so much you could see every detail. Your hands were reaching up slightly, a small light was in between your hands as if you were going to catch the small bug. The light from the firefly was reflecting in your eyes and the stars added a small touch of serenity to the photo. Maybe it was a good thing Chikara brought his camera.

----------------------------------------------
Honestly I don't know how this story got even a third of the reads and likes it has, but I'm so glad so many of you are emotion it! I apologize for the absence. I've had a lot of family problems and my grandmother just passed away. So thank you for your patience.