"Did your parents mention how long they were planning on being out?" I asked

"It depends on how long it takes to get all the arrangements made," he said. "I've heard that can sometimes take hours."

"If I remember correctly, it took almost half a day to get things in order for my parents," I replied. "In my case, though, there were two deaths. So hopefully, it won't take THAT long."

Deciding a subject change was in order, Adam put his hand on my stomach. "Is our little girl kicking again today?"

"I haven't felt anything yet," I said. "Then again, I was more concerned about you than anything, so it's possible she was and I just didn't notice."

He leaned his face in closer to my belly, then started talking. "Hello my princess. This is your daddy. I can't wait to meet you."

Kayla must have loved that because next thing I knew she was kicking up a storm. Adam kissed my stomach and then looked up at me with a big smile. I smiled back then continued to watch as he talked and she would answer with a little kick. Our little girl wasn't even here yet and her daddy was already loving on her. Not that I ever had any doubts about how great a father Adam was going to be, mind you. When he finished playing with our daughter, he laid his head back next to mine and gave me a kiss.

"That had to be the sweetest thing I've ever witnessed," I said.

"I try," he smiled. 

I gave him a kiss, then said, "I'm going to take a shower. I don't know why, but I feel the need to cool off."

"It's pretty hot today," Adam replied. "And being pregnant in this heat can't be fun. Go ahead and shower. There should be soaps and shampoos already in there."

I made my way to the bathroom and opened the closet, looking for a towel. Once I found one, I placed it on the counter and set the shower to my perfect temperature. After undressing, I climbed in and stood under the water for about five minutes. Maybe Adam was right; maybe it WAS the heat that had gotten to me. Standing under that water, however, I felt a sense of relief...I also felt a lot cooler than I had when I was laying in the bed. I must have been enjoying the shower a little too much, though, because I almost didn't hear Adam asking me if I was alright.

"I'm great," I replied. "I think the heat was definitely getting to me. If you don't mind, I think I'm going to stay in here all night."

"Very funny, babe," he laughed. "Do you know how wrinkled your skin would be if you did that?"

"I'd probably look worse than an old lady," I giggled. "I promise I won't be too long. It just really feels good right now."

"Would you like some company?" he asked.

"You know I can't say no to you," I smiled. 

Adam undressed and then joined me in the shower. "You haven't even washed your hair yet, silly girl. Why don't I help with that?"

He stood behind me and grabbed the shampoo bottle. After much scrubbing and lathering, he told me to close my eyes and then tilted my head back toward the water. I just relaxed as he ran his hands through my hair to make sure he washed every last bit of shampoo out of my hair. He gently pushed my head back forward, then worked the conditioner into my hair. I turned around to face him while I let the conditioner sit for a while. I gave him a kiss and in return he picked me up and wrapped my legs around his waist. Maybe it was just me, but at two days shy of 6 months pregnant, I was kinda surprised he could still lift me up. He slowly let me drop until I was at just the right height, and before he could make his move, I pushed myself closer to him. I pulled him in for another kiss, then slowly started moving my hips back and forth. Adam started moaning, but for fear that his parents and uncle might come home at any time, I muffled the noise with another kiss. I felt his body jerk, which could only mean one thing, and I slowly pulled myself away to let him rinse off. After rinsing the conditioner from my hair, I scrubbed my body down and stepped out of the shower, dried off, and got dressed. Adam stayed in for a few more minutes before joining me back in the bedroom.