Adam's birthday that year was one we won't soon forget. We had our usual crew come over for a barbecue, with a couple of extras: Matt and Jamie had decided to move to the states and lived only 5 minutes away from us. While the kids were having fun in the pool and all the adults were enjoying each other's company, I went inside to finish preparing the food that didn't need to be barbecued. Paige decided she wanted to help, so she tagged along.

"So how's life?" I asked. "The kids sure are getting big."

"Tell me about it," she said. "I still can't believe the five oldest are in school. It feels a little empty with just three little ones running around these days."

"You want another one don't you?" I asked.

"Wouldn't you?" she asked. "You have, what, one little one at home now?"

"Just Ariel," I said. "Even Jade goes to preschool now. But even if I wanted another one, I'm done. I got my tubes tied two months after Ariel was born."

"You know even that isn't 100% effective," she told me.

"No form of birth control is," I said. "Look at what happened with your IUD."

"And the pill," she chimed in.

"You got pregnant on the pill?" I asked. "When?"

Paige lifted her shirt. "About four months ago, after a Halloween party. I went to my doctor and it was only then they told me that the antibiotics I was on for the flu rendered the pill useless."

"They didn't have warnings posted in their office about that?" I asked. "Most offices do. I know mine does."

"They sure don't," she said. "Hence the volleyball shaped belly."

"Do you know what you're having yet?" I asked.

"Another girl," she said. "We're naming her Savannah."

"I love that name," I smiled. "I actually almost named Jade that, but I let Adam choose a name instead."

"We should probably get this food outside before everyone thinks we left the party," Paige said.

When the party was over, Paige and Luke cleaned up since the rest of us were too drunk to be carrying glasses and dishes. Tom and Diane asked if they could take our five for the night, and Adam was quick to oblige. Little did I know that he had some plans for the two of us that involved things I probably wouldn't have done years ago. When the last of our guests had cleared out, we locked up and Adam motioned for me to follow him. We wound up out by the pool, where he stripped down to nothing and jumped in. I giggled but I proceeded to do the same thing. Our high fence prevented anyone from seeing us, so we swam around chasing each other and playfully spanking each other. At one point, he grabbed me from behind and spun me around to face him. We started making out right there in the pool when I felt a little something poking out from underneath me. I know, deja vu from a time we had a while back, right? I used my hand to guide him to the right spot then started riding him. After about twenty minutes, we decided to move our little party inside.

I don't think we missed a single piece of furniture that night before finally moving up to the bedroom and finishing in the shower. When we'd both had our fill, we collapsed onto the bed and fell asleep. The next few months flew by and before we knew it, July had arrived. Early morning on the 4th, I received a phone call from Paige.

"Hey sis," I answered. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"You're never going to believe what happened to me this morning," she said.

"Enlighten me," I told her.

"I woke up around 1, feeling the urge to have some fun," she said. "So I woke Chris up for a little love making session, right? I won't go into too much information, but we probably went for about an hour. When we were finished, I went to clean up in the shower and go back to bed."