Day Thirty-Three

We were at a roller-skating rink. You were clumsily rotating in circles as I wisped around you, my hair flying behind my back. You took a step forward, a step of far greater lengths than should ever be allowed in cheap skates. Within moments you had collapsed for the fifth time that night, your arms and legs splaying in odd angles as a grunt escaped your lips.

A laugh filled my belly as I glided towards you. It wasn't hard to pick you out from the crowd--your tall frame stood out among the small children. You laid on the floor, your chest heaving up and down and a bead of sweat trickling from your brow. As I rolled towards you your brown eyes met mine, showing a look of frustration that caused a smile to form on my lips.

"You're not meant to take steps in roller-skates," I told you as I bent down, trying to get close to your eye level, "You're supposed to glide."

You scoffed and stood up, but your skates caught and you fell again, this time landing on me.

You were heavy, and your face was so close to mine that I could feel the breath leaving your nose. Our chests were pressed together and I'm sure you could feel the rapid pace of my heart--I could feel yours, I know. You didn't make a move to get off of me, and I didn't try to make you. I had an overpowering want for you to stay there, for your warmth to connect with mine. I didn't care that your knee was jutting into my hip, or that your hip was sticking into my tummy. I just wanted you there.

Without warning your lips fell on mine. They moved in a sloppy rhythm, going too quickly than what I had imagined they would. This didn't matter, and I responded with a melody of my own movements; our lips became a song. Your beat to mine, though without lyrics or instruments, beautiful in a way only we knew. Your tongue became the percussionist, mine became the strings. Your hand in my hair was a melody of wind instruments sounding in a chorus. The most ample part of our song, however, was the beating of hearts--the conductor.

{this was really cheesy omg}