Day One Thousand and Ninety Five

I am religious. Not incredibly so, but my parents brought me to church almost every Sunday when I was younger, so I believe there is a god. You thought differently than me, but you accepted my beliefs and I accepted yours. I think that's one of the things I loved most about you-your acceptance.

I am religious, so forgive me Lord of my sins, but god do I miss you.

I miss how I would read you stories from the Bible and you wouldn't believe in them, but you knew I did so you would still listen. I miss how eventually you grew to like the stories, only the ones from the Old Testament, but you would listen with intent and we'd discuss the stories afterwards. I miss how you and I could sit up for hours just discussing the pros and cons of Christianity.

I miss how you would leave milk on the counter and I'd have to tell you that ew, that's disgusting.

I miss how I could always tell if you were baking because you'd leave all the cupboard doors open.

I miss how you made the worst cookies in history but you still tried making them because you knew how desperately I loved them.

I miss how you flicked your hair out of your eyes.

I miss how much you loved television but hated talk shows.

I miss that you loved bowling but hated sports.

I miss how you and I shared a love of spaghetti, and could eat it every night and not mind.

I miss how we would buy Doritos and watch every version of Spider-man that existed, only to fall asleep in eachother's arms.

I miss how much you hated the color pink but loved when I wore it.

I miss how many times you'd try to make a moment romantic and how many times I'd ruin it. I miss how you'd laugh and say it's okay, Hun, I still love you.

I miss how we never quite grasped the concept of sexy but could tell a person fifty different ways to love.

I miss how you would absentmindedly twirl your finger in my hair when we watched a movie.

I miss how your hands would travel the length of my spine when we hugged.

I miss that you would call me hun or darling or dear, and I would call you the same.

I miss how perfectly my body fit next to yours when we hugged or cuddled.

I miss how it would rain and we would sit and read and do nothing else.

I miss how your body was a dream catcher I could share all my thoughts with.

I miss how we'd stay up with cocoa and the stars, talking of teachers and celebrities and the annoying boy who sat next to me in Spanish.

I miss the times where I'd get cold and you'd give me your sweater.

I miss how much you hated One Direction and how long you'd let me talk about them.

I miss all the times you let me blast my music in your car, not the music you listened to but you let me do it anyway.

I miss how you didn't mind when I was tired and spent the morning complaining.

I miss how often I would list my flaws, and how often you would kiss each one.

I miss telling you that I'm a horrible kisser and your cheesy smile as you would say, well, Hun, we can practice.

I miss your stupid jokes.

I miss the lingering taste of peppermint on my lips after you kissed me.