Chapter 1-Underground Struggle

Mine’s. Chapter 1-Underground Struggle

          Can you imagine a world where people live underground instead of on land? A place where life besides earthworms and microscopic organisms live. Humanity itself lives underground and we survive of animals that live underground with them. But life here is not as good as people picture it. Everyone is classified into groups: The top of the food chain are the wealthy, older and more experienced royalist, striving of gold, silvers and precious rocks and gems found in “Mines”. Mines are as the name says it, a place where valuable items can be found but at a grave cost. Next on the list are commoners, average people, some have a normal life, others try their hardest to get to the top, yes trying to become royalist but completely fail in doing so. Some try to in Mines uncover some artifacts but 100% of them failed, 100% of them died trying. At the lowest end of the stick are the peasants, they are scavengers and thieves, some don’t even have the tools to hunt food much less have enough to eat. Others are the brink of survival and some are knocking on deaths door. I’m no different, I’m no royalist or commoner.

           Year 1439, I Algon M. Zinot was apart of an extended family, yes a family of Peasant people, but we didn’t think of ourselves as peasants. We were one big happy Family: My mom Amelia, dad Abanzu, sisters Kiri, Lia and Verona, my brother’s Zane, quince, Alen and David. An unofficial member of my family was my good friend Emma, Emma Albanazar, she has a frail personality and was cute, but when you’re a 9 year old boy every girl looks cute really. I was the youngest member of my family so I treated her like she was my little sister even though we were the same age. As kids we had lots of fun together even though we were poor. I didn’t hang around my siblings much because I was always with Emma. Things started to change when the royalist started “visiting”. They took away some of the poorest people from around the area and put them into slavery, forced to mine rocks out of “Mines” for the rest of their lives. From then on things started to change.

Next chapter-2-Change