Chapter Three >> Comfort Zone

The moment I hung up my phone I quickly struggled to get my shoes on. Near tripping over my own feet. In the back of my mind I was thinking to myself, this is too good to be true. There is no way Cameron is back, calling for me to meet him outside. I unplugged my phone of the charger and grabbed a hoodie. Sliding my phone into my back pocket and left my room, quietly closing the door. I tip toed down stairs, praying that neither of the boys would hear me. Knowing Jc he would go older brother mode on me, not letting me out of the house with guidance this late. Basically because we've grown close, sibling close and the fact that my parents gave him simple instructions to watch out for me while my visit to California. When I reached the front door, I looked through the designed glass. And sure enough, there was the pick up truck that Cameron drives, sitting in front of the mail box.  I silently turned the door knob and out the door I went. Closing the door back had to be the harder part. I seemingly took forever for me the close it perfectly, and quietly. I pulled the hoodie over my head and jogged to the truck. I lightly knuckle tapped the window. With that catching Cameron's attention, he turned his head. A unmentionable attractive smirk spreading across his face. He leaned over the console, and opened the door for me. Without a word and got into the truck. 

"Thanks for meeting me out here." He mumbled, starting the truck back up.  I pulled the seat belt over my chest and nodded. "Yeah, but why exactly?"

"I just wanted to have an excuse to see you again tonight, I'm taking you somewhere." He flattered me with another smile, and drove of down the street.

* * *

For the most part, the car ride was a bit silent. After I couldn't take the thought of only hearing a breathing, I decided to speak.

"So where exactly are we going?" I tilted my head towards him a bit, interested in hearing the answer. He tapped the wheel twice before chuckling to himself.

"That's for me to know and you to find out."

I nodded, raising my eyebrow in disbelief. "Classy answer." I leaned my head against the window, opposite of his.

"Thanks, I try." I could feel the smile in his voice, as he placed his right hand on my shoulder, "IT's not much further." And so the rest of the ride I closed my eyes, listening to the wind brushing by.

* * *

"Hey Sky." I felt the truck come to a complete stop, and the engine die down. "We're here sweetheart." I raised my head, did he just call me that? I rubbed the spot of my forehead that was pressed against the window and thought no. I looked out, to see that we were at the beach, yet again. But this time it was like it was abandoned. Not a person or building in sight.

"So you brought me back to the sea side?" I asked, both of us getting out.

"What, were you expecting me to take you to the drug dealer side of town where we end up running from a gang then you find out I'm a paranormal creature?" He leaned against the hood of his car, his heart melting grin flashing.

"That would been interesting." I smiled looking down to the sand. Things got a bit quiet for a few moments, so I started tracing shapes into the sand with my foot.

"You know, I could feel that you think this is a bit awkward Sky." Cameron spoke up, "But I really don't want it to be. Let's just act like we've known each other for the past few years. Close, best friends." He started to walk over to my side of his truck, his heading still pressing against the hood, trailing his movements. "But this could be the point in the friendship, when we both realize that we." His words mumbled off as he got close, my back now against the side hood's side, his body in front of mine. For a moment I thought it was moving really fast, and that this was actually happening. His face leaned down closer to mine, his index finger lifting my chin. My heart raced, begging for whatever was coming but my mind, oh no my mind was begging for him to stop, or even myself to push him away. As I felt his breath reach my face, I took a sharp breath in. His eyes lit up, amazingly. And then I had to except the fact the it was true. This was really happening.