Chapter 10

*Dylan's POV*

She like a deer in headlights. I mean, of course she wasn't a damn deer but she really was in headlights. They got closer and closer, and all I heard next was glass shattering, a scream, and a loud ringing.

*Natalie's POV*

I woke up in a white room. I opened my eyes to the sight of one of those machines that monitors your heartbeat.. who knows what its called. But that isn't important. What is important is finding out what the hell happened. I felt like shit. And my leg felt stiff. I looked to see a huge, bulky cast around my ankle. That could explain it. I looked around me. Wait, where's Dylan? No. No No No. I remember now. I got into an arguement with him. I ran out. I ran into the street. The car came. And Dylan... Dylan pushed me out of the way. I did my best to sit up. I pressed the call button at least 20 times repeatedly. A petite nurse came in a minute later. "Hello Miss, how may I help you?" I spoke so fast I knew she could barely understand me. "Dylan, Dylan Hyde, where is he please help me where is he?" I tried standing up but she pushed me back down. "Sweetie you need to relax, please." She spoke calmly. "No no no I can't relax where is Dylan you don't understand." She pushed me back down again, except this time with more force. "Sweetie, you need to listen to me and relax." She spoke a bit more firmly this time. "No no I can't relax don't you ge-" I stopped. I looked down at my arm. She had injected me with some kind of tranquilizer. That little bitch. I felt woozy. Next thing I know I layed back. My eyes were starting to close slowly. The room was spinning. All I heard was her voice. "I did tell you to relax, now didn't I? That should help." She smiled and you heard her heels walking out of the room. Everything went black.

*Dylan's POV*

I couldn't move. I couldn't open my eyes. I felt so weak. I heard the steady beat of the machine monitoring my heart beat. I could hear, but I was so weak, I couldn't move or talk or do anything. I just listened. I was hoping to hear her voice again. But I didn't. I heard the common sounds of a hospital, assuming that's were I was. I didn't really know where I was, or what happened. I just wanted to know that she was safe. I just wanted her here with me. I wanted to be reassured, and have her in my arms. I heard the door open and close. I heard footsteps coming closer to me. I struggled to open my eyes, but it just wasn't happening. A voice. Not her voice, but a voice. I couldn't make it out, but the voice was a male, and he was close. I heard the person shifting, as if sitting down in a chair closeby. The voice sounded familiar. "This could have been avoided you know. It didn't have to be you in this condition. You could have walked away, free of harm. But you just had to save her, didn't you? You had to be the hero. Well guess what Dylan, no matter how hard you try, you'll never be the fucking hero. Ok? I can make sure of that, you little shit. Stop trying. Just give up and come back. You know you can't hide for long." And with that, all I heard was the person walk out. I struggled to speak, to yell, to scream for her. She wasn't safe, and I tried so hard to make sure she was. I need to protect her. I need to figure out who that was and who I'm protecting her from.