EIGHTEEN

Grayson.
------------

*Skylar's POV*

Memories from what had happened earlier flooded my mind. I felt guilty, but I felt like I made the right decision.

I rose my head up to the window, considering I was sitting on my bed right in front of it. I squinted my eyes to get a better look on the figure that was laying in front of me. It was Grayson. He was laying on his side, facing the window. He was holding a pillow in his arms firmly. His eyes were sealed shut, as well as his mouth. His eyes looked red and puffy. And the position he was sleeping in with the pillow, didn't help my wandering thoughts.

Did I do this to him.

That was the only explanation I could place. And it hurt, because I knew it was true. I shook my head from the heart-wrenching thoughts and stood up from my bed. My feet sleazily slid across the floor, from the side of my bed to my bedroom door. I grabbed the cold doorknob and turned it. I swung my door open enough for me to walk out. I didn't close it behind me, but left it open in the position it was when I walked out. I turned around a corner and my foot was on the top of the stairs. I stepped down them carefully, realizing I still wasn't fully awake. Once I was At the bottom of those stairs, with my hand on the rail, I walked towards my kitchen. My feet pitter pattered on the cold, tile floor. I walked to my refrigerator and opened it, immediately Scanning the inside. I moved drinks and bowls of food. I finally found a fruit cup filled with pineapples. I grabbed it with one hand and with the other I slammed the fridge door shut. I sat the fruit on the counter while I walked to my cabinets and drawers. I opened a drawer right beneath me and rummaged though it until I found a spoon. I laid it by my fruit. I closed the silver ware drawer softly and proceeded to walk back to the counter. I sat down on one of the stools and grabbed the fruit cup. Peeling the plastic off. I grabbed my spoon and began eating. Seconds later I heard a strong knock at the door. My heart jumped at the sudden sound. I laid my spoon in the fruit cup and stood up slowly, trying to be quiet. I tip toed out of my kitchen into my living room.

Knock, knock.

The knocks got louder but I tried to be as quiet as possible, not knowing who it was. I walked to the front door. I came to the conclusion that it was Grayson.

"What do you want Grayson?"
I said with a shaky voice, still frightened from the loud banging.

"It's not Grayson." My heart felt as if it had dropped to my feet. The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it. I stood on my tippy toes and looked through the peek hole. I looked around, but couldn't see anybody. I stood back down, trembling with fear at this point.

"W-who is it?"

"It's Ethan."  They answered almost immediately. My head was spinning at the name until it hit me.

Ethan...

*flashback*

"Hey Skylar, come here!" Ethan yelled across the playground.

No ones was here, but Ethan and me. We had walked to the playground that was about 5 minutes down the road from our house. He invited me because he said he had something to tell me. We were 13 at the time...

I ran to where Ethan was standing. "Yes?" I said with a hint of curiousness in my voice.

He grabbed my hand and held it. "I have to tell you something."

"Okay...what is it?"

"I really like you..."

My smile quickly faded. I liked Ethan, but as a friend. And I liked Grayson, more than a friend. But I never told anyone.