Chapter 5

Tadgh helped me to the back seat of the car. I couldn't really fit, but I managed. The burning spread all over my body, giving me a fever, so I started to strip while Tadgh sped back to the castle.

I managed to remove my shirt and pants -only down to my ankles- and I screamed as I seen black fill my veins. Becoming weaker and weaker every second.

"Tadgh I'm going to die!" I shouted not able to support my head.

"Not today!" He roared coming to an abrupt stop, taking me out of the car, I kept drifting in, and out of consciousness, flashes of peoples faces, some worried, some concentrated, I could hear pieces of my fathers shouting, and then I could hear and see, nothing.

************************************
Tadgh ran towards the hospital wing of the castle, with Kai on his shoulders. Built like a warrior, lifting Kai was nothing on Tadgh, reaching the entrance in mere seconds.

"THE PRINCE HAS BEEN POISONED. HE IS TOP PRIORITY" Tadgh roared. Suddenly the whole hospital went into a frenzy, chaos erupted. Orders were shouted left right and center.

"Bring him, follow me!" The head nurse commanded Tadgh, running down the hallway to the emergency room. He followed, lying him down on a bed, doctors were already there and immediately started draining his body of the poison.

Tadgh was pushed back into the hallway. Watching through the tiny glass window, as doctors tended to Kai. A nurse came to his side.

"We need Lucian. They are draining his blood right now, he needs Lucians blood" she said and Tadgh, glancing back at his best friend, nodded and ran as fast as he could to find him.

He ran to the meeting room first, hearing the most commotion coming from there.

"LUCIAN!" he roared from far down the hallway, knowing well he could hear him.

Running, he burst through the door knocking over a few of his advisors.

"Your highness, Kai has been poisoned, the nurses need you right now! He'll die!" Tadgh said in a horrified tone. Lucian stayed calm, walking out of the room with Tadgh, and shut the door quietly. Then he took off running a lot faster than Tadgh could, arriving at the hospital.

"We need your blood your highness-"

"Its just Lucian, no time for your highness bullshit"

"Okay, we need you hooked up to Kai, right now. Follow me" she cries running down the hallway, with Lucian in tow.

Panting slightly Tadgh arrives at the scene, looking at the worried faces staring down the hallway. Knowing there was absolutely nothing more he could do, he got some water, and headed down to the waiting chairs.

The nurses and doctors that were not needed, tended to the rest of the patients, but everyone was tense. Kai was Lucian's only child, the only heir to the throne, and the only thing that was stopping Lucian from ruling with cruelty, for the rest of his years.

Many people were worried about Kai for selfish reasons. But not Tadgh, he only worried for his best friends safety.

Tadgh worriedly got up and started pacing, running his hands through his hair, mumbling to himself, about how he could have saved him.

He did this for about 20 minutes before a man in his 50s got fed up with it.

"Hey! Can you shut the fuck up?" The man said scratching his beer belly pointing at Tadgh. Tadgh looked at him in disgust.

"Do you want your life? Because I can take it away as easy as you can take a drink, scum" He growled causing the man to shrink back.

"Your kind causes nothing but trouble!" The man retorted back.