3

Finally Friday came around. It was a normal day at school, the usual. But something was off.

Starlet barely noticed anything because she was too busy flirting with Nathan. Around lunch she finally noticed something.

Clyde wasn't at school today.

Must be sick or something. She thought.

She's just ignored it because she wanted to hang out with Nathan.

*****

Clyde wasn't sick or anything. He just skipped school.

He sat down with his feet dangling over the cliff.

He stared down at the scenery. At the bottom of the cliff there was bright green trees and a silver river.

Him and Starlet discovered it when they were probably in 7th grade. They were bored one day and went walking. They discovered this.

It became their thinking place. It was just meant for them and his little sister.

Clyde use to come here a lot about a year ago. His little sister passed away from a car crash when he was in his freshman year. His parents were barely affected by it, but Clyde was broken. Evelyn was his only other best friend. She was only a year younger. Starlet, Evelyn and him were the three musketeers. They were the best friend trio. They all loved the stars.

Starlet and Evelyn thought when you die you become a star. And now Evelyn was the brightest star out there in the night sky. She lit up the sky with her kindness and excitement.

Starlet and him were broken. But there were there for each other.

He ended up moving on but he never forgot his little sister. The one who brought it the best of him. He really needed her, she understood the love he had for Starlet.

He laughed at memory of Evelyn trying to persuade Starlet to like him, but she failed. She never gave up though. She was a fighter. And now he had to be a fighter, for his sister.