9

The next day he tried calling and calling Starlet but she never picked up. He needed to tell her. The whole day he tried but, no answer.

About 7:00 he gave up. He sighed in defeat and fell asleep.

*****

She stared at the phone. Over 40 calls by Clyde. She just ignored it.

"What does he want anyways?" She asked.

Soon Monday came around. She kept getting phone calls by Clyde every single day, but she ignored it.

She decided to go to school. She got dressed for school. Her parents weren't home.

She drove to school and parked. She kept getting faces when she got out of her car. She smiled confidently.

She walked to her locker, still getting faces.

Soon three girls walked up to her. "Why are you smiling?" One of them asked, disgusted.

"What do you mean?"

"What? Didn't you hear the news?"

She shook her head, unaware.

"What happened?"

"Clyde is in the hospital." One of the girls said.

Starlet's smile faded. She turned around and sprinted to her car.

*****

"Are you ready for the surgery Clyde?" One of the nurses asked. He nodded. She smiled and led him to the surgery room.

He was  ready for the surgery. He was finally going to get out of this hospital. He was sick of it.