#3 Dinner Date Interruptions

John and I decided to go out for dinner to spend time together. We settled on Olive Garden because we were both in the mood for Italian.

"Hi! I'm Jenny and I'll be taking care of you this evening. Can I start you off with anything to drink?" Our waitress asked. She was a short and thin woman who looked to be about 40, give or take a few years. She had her, clearly dyed, red hair up in a tight bun at the top of her head.

"I'll have a water with a lemon wedge to start," I answered with a smile.

"Water, please," John responded. Jenny nodded and wrote down our drinks before walking away.

John and I were skimming over the menus deciding what to eat. "I'm gonna go with the chicken scampi. I gotta use the bathroom, order for me if I'm not back in time?" He asked as he set the menu down. I nodded with a smile in response. He grabbed my hand from across the table and kissed my knuckles before getting up and walking to the bathroom.

I continued to look at the menu and settled on creating my own pasta dish. I set the menu down and observing the decorations and the different people in the restaurant. I made eye contact with a decent looking waiter, but I quickly looked away to show that I wasn't interested, I'm clearly on a date with my boyfriend.

I continued to flip through the menu as I waited for Jenny to come for our orders and John to come back from the bathroom. Speaking of which, he was taking a while.

"Need any recommendations?" asked a male voice. I looked up to see the waiter I made brief eye contact with. I mentally rolled my eyes, already dreading the hopefully short conversation to come.

"No, thank you. I already know what I'm getting," I said as I shut the menu, trying to avoid eye contact, again to show that I'm not interested.

"Well if you need anything, let me know. I'm (r/b/n) by the way," he smiled. I nodded my head in response and sipped my water. He eventually walked away and soon John came back.

"What took so long?" I whined. "I'm getting hit on by creeps!"

John laughed and grabbed my hand over the table. "There was a line, like when is there ever a line in the men's room? And I had to shit".

"I don't even know why there's ever a line in the women's room," I laughed.

"So who's hitting on you?"

I searched around for the waiter and soon spotted him, "Behind you. Tall, brown hair and glasses".

He looked over his shoulder and scoffed. "If only I could fuck you on the table and let everyone know who's girl you are, but I think that's a little inappropriate."

"A little?" I laughed, turning a bit red.

He chuckled in response and soon Jenny came back to take our orders. We made small talk until our meals arrived and ate in relative silence.

I merely halfway done when (r/n/n) came back, "How's everything?"

"Fine thank you," I said.

"Awesome, thank you. Now let us continue in peace, please?" John said. I tried to contain my laughter at John's sarcastic tone and (r/b/n)'s reaction.

"Uh, yeah, of course. If you need anything let me know," he said awkwardly as he walked away.

"God, can't we eat in peace?" John sighed. I laughed in response as we finished our meals.

Come time for dessert John and I settled on splitting a tiramisu because we were both full but wanted something sweet. Of course (r/b/n) had to show up one more time and was the one who brought us our dessert, because Jenny "was busy with another table"

"Enjoy! Is there anything else I can get for you guys?" he said, his eyes on me the whole time. What's with this kid?

"I'd like you to leave my fiancé and I alone," John said, clearly fed up.

"Just doin' my job," he said quietly before walking away.

I raised my eyebrows at John, "Fiancé?" I held up my bare ring finger, "Does that mean you're gonna put a ring on it?"

John chuckled, "Yeah, yeah. I'm working on it."

better ending ??????? i hope so

i literally have no drafts, it's like write & publish lmao

- SAM

06.25.16