27

"Aren't you cold, Clark?" Johanna asked as they walked on the park trail.

He shrugged, now thinking about how he shouldn't have left school. He was probably going to get in trouble by his parents."Kind of,"

"And that," she smiled a little, "is why I like sweaters."

Clark smiled. "Okay, Sweater Girl." He said. Johanna continued smiling at him, but then it faded fast. "You okay?"

"I'm fine," she sighed. "don't worry about it."

"Johanna," Clark looked at her with worry in his eyes, "what exactly did Mandy say to you online?" He asked.

"All of what she said online?" Johanna questioned, putting her hands in her jean pockets.

"No, the one from earlier. When you ran to the bathroom." He told. "If you want to tell me," he added.

Johanna's hair blew in the small gust of wind. "She..." Johanna breathed in and looked at her feet as she walked. She got out her phone and went onto the website. 

"So, what'd she say...?"

"'You kind of are pretty.'" Johanna read, "'But the thing is that pretty people should be straight. Not a s-stupid, fat, dumb lesbian, like you. P.S, your sweaters are ugly. Nobody l-likes you. Go kill y-yourself.'" She told. "T-that's what she said. It j-just made me feel k-kinda..." Johanna shrugged. "I just wanted t-to cry, so I left c-class."

"That's terrible," Clark said. 

"I know." Johanna muttered.

"And we need to do something about."

Johanna looked up at Clark. "Like what?"

He shrugged. "I'm not sure, but we'll find a way." Clark promised. Now he really wanted to be able to do something to help; but he didn't know what.

-

Word Count: 262