29

It was now Friday and Clark couldn't wait for the weekend to start. He was so tired of school; he's had so many tests and loads of homework lately. Johanna and Clark were walking together to class. They weren't talking, so it was just silent. Well, it was silent until Johanna's phone buzzed. She checked her phone, a frown now on her face. "I-I'll meet you in class," she told and walked off to the bathroom.

Clark watched as she entered it, but saw Ember go out. Ember watched Johanna go in, then spotted Clark. He tried to act like he wasn't watching the Girl's Restroom. Ember started walking to him. When she came, Clark said, "I wasn't trying to see in, just-"

"That's not what I came over here for, but it's fine." Ember explained and smiled a little. "I just wanted to know, is Johanna alright? Lately when I've seen her she's been looking awful and she hasn't seemed as happy." 

"Well," Clark sighed, "lately online people have basically been bullying her. Saying rude things about her, making rumors, and just being jerks. I've been trying to help stop it, but it's only stopped a little."

"Oh my gosh, that's terrible!" Ember said. "Oh, not that you're trying to stop it, I meant the things people are saying." She recovered what she had told.

Clark nodded. "I just don't know how to stop it, I've tried some things, and they haven't worked." He told.

"Wait, have you been responding to them?"

"Yeah," he replied.

"Oh gosh," she shook her head. "don't do it again. It makes people feel like they have power to hurt people. It can make them want to do it more."

"Geez, I'm so stupid!" Clark face-palmed himself.

"No, no, Clark. It's okay, you guys didn't know what to do." Ember spoke. "If you've been telling them to stop that's alright."

"Okay, good," he felt a bit more relieved now that the bullying not stopping wasn't too much his fault.

"Have you guys reached out for help? Reported them?" Ember asked.

Clark shook his head. "I will now. Thanks Ember." He smiled at her.

She nodded. "We should probably get to history now." Ember said. "Wait, what about Johanna?"

"I think she'll come out when she wants to. She'll meet us there." Clark told.

Clark and Ember went to class together. Clark hoped Johanna would be alright and come out. He knew tonight he would use the tips Ember gave him. And now that Clark thought about it, he didn't really need to hate Ember anymore. 

-

Word Count: 429

Hey guys :) Is my writing still okay? Please tell me your opinions! Next chapter will be out soon!