28

The next day at school Clark eyed Mandy a lot. He wanted to do something about her. So after he was done talking to Johanna that day, he went over to Mandy. "Mandy!" Clark hissed and walked closer to her. She was looking at a small mirror in her locker and putting on lipstick. 

She looked up at him with a small glare. "What?" Mandy snapped. 

"Can I ask you something?"

"Hmm..." Mandy shut her locker. "Go ahead."

"Why are you being so mean to Johanna? Why do you hate her?" 

Mandy smirked, then laughed. "That's not the question I was expecting from you."

"Tell me!" Clark demanded.

"So you want to know why?" She stepped closer to Clark, looking up at him, "Well, maybe it has to do with a fact that she likes girls. And that she's ugly. And stupid. And annoying. That's a few reasons why." She told, stepping closer to him.

Clark stepped back. "Those are your opinions. And your opinions still don't give you a reason to be a jerk to her." 

Mandy looked him all the way up then all the way down. "Clark, maybe you aren't just her stupid little friend."

"She's not stupid," he argued.

"In fact Clark, you're kind of cute," she smiled and stepped closer. 

Clark once again stepped back, trying to avoid her. "Mandy, stop flirting with every boy you meet." He said. "I've got to get to class." He told then left Mandy. As he walked off he could hear Mandy complaining to herself. 

-

Word Count: 256