Chapter 57

Delilah
After the whole incident with the Currys' and Amanda, Matthew and I have been on a great note. He's officially moved in and we're back together...

" Noelle, Joelle are you guys ready? We have to be there for 7. We can't be late," Matthew yelled.

" Yes Daddy!" They said walking downstairs.

We put our suitcases in the trunk of the car. We're headed to Louisiana for about 3 weeks to spend some time with family and the wedding...

***************************
After hours and hours of traveling...

" Delilah, I think it's totally crazy for us to get an hotel when we could stay at your parents or my mom's," Matthew said..

" But Daddy, we want to go to an hotel with a huge pool!" The girls pouted.

" Grandma has a pool girls," he said.

" Well we can go to your mom's, but I refuse to go to my parents," I shrugged.

He looked at me and shook his head, " What?"

" Life is to short, my girl," he said looking back at the road.

I looked out the window and reflected on everything I went through just because I wanted to keep my babies..

We finally made it to the Mckibben's residence.. It was about 7 p.m. I was exhausted and so were the girls and Matt.

Matthew's mother greeted us, "They'll see you in the morning Mom, their out like a light."

She giggled and kissed my cheek, " Long time no see."

I smiled, " Most definitely."

That Night...

I decided to take a shower, just to relax you know. Then Matthew gets in..

" You have some nerve," I turned around giggling.

" This just looked like it was much needed for the both of us," he said wrapping his arms around my waist.

" I love you so much," I said closing my eyes, " I swear I could do this for the rest of my life."

He smiled and kissed my neck, " I love you too my munchkin."

I laughed, " Can you believe it's Bre and Anthony getting married?"

" Right! I would've thought it would've been us first," he said.

" If," I said giggling.

" But that doesn't matter. Our day will come eventually," he whispered in my ear.

*******************************
The Next Day

The girls were spending their first day with their grandmother, while we went for our first meetings with the bride and groom.

I was here and Bre didn't really have much brides, besides Zoey, Malaysia, her sister, and a few of our close friends from middle school ..

" Well well well, look who decided to come back to the south!" Bre's mother said.

I laughed, " I wouldn't miss this for the world."

Bree smiled, " I'm happy that your here, since you are my Maid of Honor."

I smiled, " Of course!"

The rest of the girls chuckled and we began talking about decorations, hair, makeup.. The basics..

" Okay since the dresses are like sparkly, I totally think that you girls should wear glittery shoes as well," Her mom said.

" Mother no.. That's entirely to much sparkles. I told you from the get go I ain't want that anyways," Bree said becoming annoyed.

" Well Breon, it's not all about what you want, you know?" She said.

" Well," I said.

" What's that Delilah?" She asked.

Shi, I really need to work on keeping my thoughts to myself.

" What I'm tryna say is... Yes it does matter, it's her wedding day. This is supposed to be the most memorable day of her life, she gets to marry her soulmate, her bestfriend, her true love. I think she should have it her way," I said.

Bree looked at me and smiled. Her mother scoffed and went on to the next subject.

" I think it's time for you girls to go try on your dresses!" Her mom said.

We all stood up and went into the back and tried on our dresses..

" Damnit!" I said.

" Need some help?" Bre laughed.

" Yes please," I said turning around.

I held my hair up as she struggled to zip up my dress, but she eventually got it.

" Matt got you eating right again, I see," she giggled, fixing my hair.

" Girl yeah," I laughed, " So how's Ant?" I asked .

" He's good. We're good," she shrugged.

" What's wrong?" I asked, " You don't seem excited."

" I'm excited trust me, but I'm just ready to see my little good babies!" She cheered.

" Girl they something, maybe we can come over tonight by you guys?" I asked.

" Yeah like the old times. You & Matt. Malaysia and Andre. KJ and Zoey," she said.

" Yea! I'm down!" I said.

" Alright boo, see you tonight!" She smiled walking away.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I've gained some extra weight, maybe I have been eating good. Booty getting bigger too! Daddy most definitely is hitting it right 😩😂.

The meeting was over and I had to go pick up Matthew when I saw someone leaning against my rental car.. My dad. I turned around.

" Delilah wait!" He yelled.

I turned around and walked up to him, " What?"

" I heard you were in town by some locals," he said.

" Yup!" I said.

" So.. I was wondering if you'd love to bring the girls by for dinner.." He said .

I got into the car, " Not tonight. We'll be busy."

" Tomorrow?" He asked, " I'm really anticipating for you to meet my new friend."

I shook my head, he's over 40 years and talking about " a friend."

" Dad I don't know. You'd probably don't want my white, Catholic boyfriend in your presence," I shrugged.

He chuckled, " You still with that? Wow D, you could totally do better."

" Are we done or are we finished because I have to go pick my babies up?" I asked.

" I guess we are.. But I just want to let you know, I never meant to drive you away, baby girl." He said.

" You never do." I said, "Goodbye dad."