Chapter 1- The Long Drive

~James POV
"Mom we need to take a break" I said frustrated. Its been almost 4 hours since we were driving and I was really hungry and thirsty. "James we're almost there" my mom said fiddling with the gps system of the car. But I protested that we must stop when I saw McDonald's and the smell which blared out from the chimneys above the food joint- What a mouth watering smell. Mom knew that I wasn't gonna stop pleading so she just pulled up in a corner opposite the food joint. "Well" she said "Let's be quick I cant wait to see my new home" I have to admit that ever since she heard that Dad got a transfer she was really happy.I don't know if it was because of the neighbours cat stealing her fish whenever she left it unguarded or maybe because of the frequent fights with the "Petronskis" who lived next door. I, however was not so happy to know that we we're shifting,since i would miss school and all my friends.However since we had Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram as our "means of communication" it dint really bother me but I still felt a pinch or two when i thought of my old school.My best friends Pierre,James,Shannon and Jonaz. My favourite teacher Miss Janet, all the fun and happiness we shared, all over!

I sighed as I tried to push all the thoughts of school aside and thought that shifting to this new place what was it called?-Ah yes Wagon Heights will allow me to start a new phase of life. I sat there eating my barbecued grilled burger and sipping a nice glass of pink lemonade thinking about life at Wagon Heights- the people,the new school, the new parks and playgrounds.

We quickly wrapped up and started driving again. Mom said we would be there in an hour or two so she suggested me to take a nap since I hadn't had a wink for the past seven hours. I closed my eyes and before i knew it I was on cloud nine.

I was woken up by someone and I realised it was mom and I noticed we were entering in a driveway and there it was........Cotta Mansion.