Chapter 3 - The Mansion And Its Insides

"Well and where have you been?" A familiar voice called out. "Mom, you won't believe what happened I saw--- a snake slither in the neighbours yard" I lied, I wanted to tell her the truth but I didn't want to tell her the truth. what would she think then? my son saw a ghost like how stupid, no, nothing doing I told myself and came to a conclusion that I would not tell her anything about what had happened today for the time being, of course I have to tell her someday. Just then a bright light hit my eyes. It was a car which read Marty's Realtors on the bonet. A wide smile appeared on my mum's face and I too was excited since I was anxiously waiting to enter it at just you know plop down. "Sorry for the delay Mrs. Fernandez" a deep voice said. It was Marty and his secretary."Oh please Mr.Marty call me Joann, and its okay, I understand since there was heavy traffic" mom said. He smiled and his secretary removed a few documents."we'll need you to sign on these papers Joann." Marty said."Oh sure" mom said and she quickly signed all the documents. "Can we please go in now?" I asked frustrated. "Why of course James, here" he said giving me the keys while mom removed our stuff from the car. "Congratulations" Marty and his secretary both said in a unison voice. "Thanks" I said and didn't bother to talk much, turning the key and pushing the door I stepped in. Lights were automatic so as soon as I stepped in, the room flooded with warm luminous light, and I stood in awe as I scanned the interiors of the mansion. "Lost in dreams?" Mom asked as I turned towards her. "It's magnificent,lovely,beautiful----"okay okay" my mom said laughing at my excitement. "Have a look around, I'll be right back, my mom said running back to the car. I went to the hall first. One word BIG the hall was nice and big. The kitchen was next that caught my eye.The woodwork on the kitchen stand was neatly done and was polished well.I could tell it was recently done as the smell of the polish was still quite strong. I visited the master bedroom and also the powder room all which looked beautiful. Next was upstairs where I first visited my room. The room had been tailored exactly the way I wanted. The aquamarine paint colour and not forgetting my tech needs. I had specifically made sure I plug points around the room, and was also happy that my designed macbook stand was fitted too. I had to admit the work was done top class although the fingerprint door mechanism was yet to be installed but I figured I'll let that pass for the time being but would definitely come back for that later. I walked in the corridor inspecting the restrooms and the guest room but when i reached the study room at the end of the corridor I felt a cold feeling brush past me. I turned around and saw this black misty figure float till the opposite end of the corridor and then disappear. "Its just a dream. You're mind is tricking you, you're just tired you'll be fine tomorrow " but who was I kidding this is the second time I was experiencing these figures, and now I was shit scared of even going to my room. I quietly walked back to the opposite end of the corridor and made a run from there to the ground floor. "Easy there son, what happened your face is so pale its look like as though you saw a ghost or something" my mom said in a mocking tone. I ignored her and just played along as I didn't want to tell her as yet. This is starting to get really disturbing, but nothing doing this is my house and I will make sure that no one else dominates it except me but knowing that a ghost was involved it was easier said than done.