Falling for chaos

Tik . Tok

He thought it's going to be an ordinary day. Looking at her from a far, afraid, like there would be a possibility for her to see him. Listening at those melodies of laughter she produces, smiling alone while memorizing her face. But this day is no longer ordinary. There is no laughter, no grin, no frown, nothing, there is nothing from her. It's like a nightmare even though he don't know how nightmares feel.

"Why does it need to be her." He asked the old man. His lips curved downwards. Pity is written all over his face.

Why? If he's concerned, why is he not doing anything?

"We can't change what's written on the book. It was meant to happen." The head master smiled, it was a forced one.

"Now take her with you." Anger crept into his veins when heard him say. It was an insult to his ears.

Who would want to take the life of their love?

He closed his eyes and took another deep breath. He can smell her scent from here, the scent he thought was good but now it was a curse. It was the scent of death. His eyes bore into her inert body. She looks dead but is still breathing. He stared at the faint face that was so familiar to his heart. Why is it so pale?

Tik . Tok

The clock is ticking so fast, faster than his heartbeat. Any minute from now she could die but what can he do? "Would you offer your life to someone who doesn't knew you existed?" He was surprised. It was their headmaster who spoke again . He switched his eyes to him. "... to someone who will never know what you've done to her?" The headmaster added. And it all came to him.

Why did I loved her when I knew that she can never love me back?

He asked himself.
She's a mortal and I'm an angel. Why did I choose to love her?

Tik . Tok

He heard the loud ticking of the clock reminding him that he needs to take the life, of the one he loves, in less than a minute. Slowly, he lifted his head and smiled at the old man. "She is not just someone. She is the girl I love." With that he closed his eyes and let the girl live. Even though it was wrong. Because, from that first time he saw her, he already knew that he was falling for chaos.