chapter 14: karate & a christmas dinner

Alex's POV:

since I'm all better I get to do a lot more stuff. I signed up for karate I was super siked. today was my first day.

"hello ms. Cortez" my instructor greeted me as I walked in

"hey Mrs. Dowel" I said

we warmed up and stuff then she started teaching me the basics.

"very well Ms. Cortez" she said when we were done

I was her private student because I didn't wanna learn with a class. she told me something very interesting.

"would you like to be in the competition?" she asked

"do you think I'm that good" I asked excited

"I KNOW ur that good" she smiled and handed me a flyer

"yes ill do the competition" I smiled

we bowed and I went home. in weeks I was a black belt. by Christmas I had trained every day and was ready for the tournament. the tournament wasn't til April. So I practiced everyday.

Christmas day we had a big supper at our house. My family was there, Henry's family, Justin's family. All the little kids were running around in the dark outside. Me, Justin and Henry were all outside in the club house. We were talking and laughing.

"wait" I said and smiled "I smell bon fire!" I said and went to the window

I saw the red flames and heard the music.

"let's go" said Justin climbing down the ladder

"race ya" I yelled when we were all on the ground

We all ran and I was in the lead. I won and all the little kids were laughing. We danced and finished our night. Henry and I hung out while everybody else was saying good bye and leaving.

"see u later" Henry said kissing me on the cheek

"bye" I said waving at him

Then my little kid I babysit ran to me. I picked him up and put him on my side. He was 3 his name was Alex. I babysit him almost every week.